Will a 2007 clutch cable work on a 2004 model?

6 replies to this topic
  • KGSloan

Posted February 12, 2012 - 06:27 AM

Hey guys,

I went to install an MSR Raptor EZ pull adjustable clutch perch and lever, because I'm a big wuss and want lighter pull. :smirk:

When I got the new perch on, I was not able to take enout slack out to get the clutch adjusted properly. The distance between where the cable cover sits and where the end ball attaches in the clutch lever is .5" shorter than factory, and I couldn't make up the difference. I messed up my factory cable in the process of trying too.

So I would like to get the t3 cable from motion pro, but they don't make one for the steel frame wr. Anyone know if the two cables are interchangeable?

Anyone know of a way to get rid of that .5" extra between the cable housing (where it inserts into the perch) and the end of the cable (where the cable end goes into the lever)

Any ideas or help are greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

-kit

• L. Euler

Posted February 12, 2012 - 03:33 PM

I had the same problem with my 03 when I installed a Works Connection perch. You need to use a YZ cable instead of the WR. The stock WR clutch cable has an allowance for the clutch switch that makes the cable longer.

Edited by GammaFunction, February 12, 2012 - 03:34 PM.

• KGSloan

Posted February 13, 2012 - 07:24 AM

I had the same problem with my 03 when I installed a Works Connection perch. You need to use a YZ cable instead of the WR. The stock WR clutch cable has an allowance for the clutch switch that makes the cable longer.

thanks - that's exactly the info i needed. had no idea, but that makes sense. Ordering up a yz cable now :smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • L. Euler

Posted February 14, 2012 - 06:29 PM

Be sure to post the results.

• KGSloan

Posted February 15, 2012 - 08:58 AM

Be sure to post the results.

will do - cable shipped yesterday and hoping to ride saturday.....

• L. Euler

Posted March 03, 2012 - 04:34 AM

??????????

• KGSloan

Posted April 02, 2012 - 12:23 PM

??????????

sorry this has taken so long to respond to - the cable from motion pro was a pile of crap, went with a factory yz cable and all is well now

still would like it a little shorter than a yz on the length between inner and outter cable length - as that's the issue with the factory wr cable. the yz cable is just enough different to work

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.