broken rear sprocket

4 replies to this topic
  • MXOldtimer

Posted August 12, 2001 - 06:30 AM

Last weekend at Washougal in my second moto I was the door mat for over 35 riders in the first turn. I finished out the moto and tried my third moto but my sprain ankle made if too difficult to ride fast. Sunday morning I got up, put on my gear, tried to ignore the ankle but the swelling & pain was to great just having my boot on, sooooo my day came to an end before it started. As im sitting there later in the day (pouting)I happened to look over at my bike and "what the hell" I have 6 breaks in my rear sprocket (aftermarket), one break goes all the way to the hub and I can feel a hump in the hub where the break is, one tooth is also half gone I suspect this from the sprocket pulling apart causing the chain to land on the tooth. I checked my sprockets before racing my first moto and it was fine, I hadn't check before the second because my can of wax was empty. All the bolts are tight and the slack is fine. "THANK YOU GUARDIAN ANGEL" My guardian angels must have been wathing over me, I hate to think what might have happened to me & the bike had I raced it, I dont think the thing would have made another lap. With all the bad rear hub reports I would have suspected the hub if it had been destroyed, but in this case it was a sprocket that would have done the damage.

Doug

• holeshot

Posted August 12, 2001 - 08:18 PM

Mxoldtimer:

What brand was the sprocket?

------------------
Holeshot's Page

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MXOldtimer

Posted August 12, 2001 - 09:02 PM

"PBI"

Doug

• Scott_F

Posted August 13, 2001 - 08:14 AM

Doug, I hate to suggest this, but your hub may be stressed to the point that it could go next. I would inspect it after every ride. Is your bike a '00? Good luck.

• MXOldtimer

Posted August 13, 2001 - 04:53 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

Yes its an 00.

Doug

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.