Rear rotor Bolt replacements

4 replies to this topic
  • tek_01

Posted February 10, 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hi, long time since ive been here... havent done enough riding TBH but anyhow i needed to replace my rear rotor as the stock one bent somehow

Got the aftermarket one, but it comes with countersunk holes instead of the holes suited for the original hex head bolts (05 450f)

Im having a real hard time finding replacement bolts, even tho every aftermarket rotor comes with those crap holes so they must be out there

Stock are m6 x 16mm hex head flange grade 8

I can only find

Black countersunk allen head (standard grade)
Stainless steel countersunk allen head

Any help? need them before next weekend
I know its a no-no to mix stainless with alloys right? unless you use some sort of thread lube but on the bolts you are supposed to use loctite which i think would make the situation worse
Anyhow, any help appreciated

Edited by tek_01, February 10, 2012 - 10:55 PM.

• niles

Posted February 11, 2012 - 03:14 PM

Check with moose racing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stroker101

Posted February 12, 2012 - 06:35 AM

are you sure that the 2005 YZ has standard hex head bolts as OEM bolts? i beleive that all year makes use counter sunk bolts for securing the rear sprocket to the hub. i have never seen a Yamaha with what your describing.
if replacements bolts are needed, try Yamaha Parts for replacements or any aftermarket bike company

Edited by stroker101, February 12, 2012 - 06:36 AM.

• tek_01

Posted February 12, 2012 - 03:14 PM

stroker, brake rotor bolts not sprocket :smirk:

Ended up sourcing some at a bike shop. bloody expensive $20 for 6 bolts but you gotta use the right ones aye!

• stroker101

Posted February 12, 2012 - 06:01 PM

stroker, brake rotor bolts not sprocket :smirk:

Ended up sourcing some at a bike shop. bloody expensive $20 for 6 bolts but you gotta use the right ones aye!

i'm a __________ LOL...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.