DRZ 400 UPGRADES ?

11 replies to this topic
  • JDUNCAN

Posted October 07, 2003 - 08:53 AM

HEY EVERYONE....I'M IN MY SECOND YEAR RIDING MY AWESOME DRZ 400 AND I THINK ITS TIME TO START UPGRADING AND IMPROVING ON THE BIKES PERFORMANCE. WHAT CAN I DO TO MAKE IT FASTER AND LIGHTER ?

• E.Marquez

Posted October 07, 2003 - 09:08 AM

Search this forum, look at the Mod link in my Sig, go to DRZ Info and read through it, then come back and ask what ever questions might still be unanswered. When you ask, let us know what you ride, where you ride, what your ability level is, what you exspect from the end product. :)

• woolrich

Posted October 07, 2003 - 09:20 AM

AND STOP YELLING AT US! :)

THAT'S WHAT CAPS MEANS!

• JDUNCAN

Posted October 08, 2003 - 09:13 AM

Sorry for yelling , thanks for the advice. I'll be back...

• E.Marquez

Posted October 08, 2003 - 09:18 AM

Good, and hurry up will ya....We love talking others into buying new toys for there bikes. :)

• drzrookie1

Posted October 08, 2003 - 10:51 AM

I suggest to make it way faster right off the line, get yerself some new stickers and a cool lookin' seat cover. youll be amazed at how fast your bike gets after that!!. :)
Sorry dude, I had to do it!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JDUNCAN

Posted October 12, 2003 - 11:27 AM

Faster, really?, just putting on cool stickers will make it faster....no wonder the pros have all the stickers they can fit on their bikes... Its all good drzrookie1. :)

• JDUNCAN

Posted October 12, 2003 - 11:50 AM

OK...It looks like a header and a pipe is the best and fastest way to upgrade. So concider that done, but which one. I want the best power with the best sound and im still unsure if rejetting is going to be needed. How about gearing ?
My bio.. 6 ft,235 lbs, I ride in northern california anywhere between 100-5000 elevation. I ride single track, dirt roads. I am an agressive rider with a good feel for my capibilities and limits. My suspention is set up the best i can with the stock spring, not to sure about the dambering adjuster for the back.... frount is dialed and feels good. I have put higher bars and that seemed to help. the stock exhaust has been opened up and im not sure it did anything but get louder. I put a NO-TOIL filter and it semed to get a little snappier at the higher revs. Now im looking at gearing and exhaust for more power. :) :D

• JDUNCAN

Posted October 12, 2003 - 03:59 PM

Thanks bigdr....What and where exactly is the snorkle..?

• sno

Posted October 12, 2003 - 06:58 PM

Under your seat. The hole in the top o your air box.

• MoonBeamer

Posted October 13, 2003 - 03:35 AM

Thanks bigdr....What and where exactly is the snorkle..?

Go to the Unofficial DRZ setup/info page. This page has lots of good advice with pics on what to do with a snorkle.

http://www.drz.info/

• JDUNCAN

Posted October 13, 2003 - 09:47 AM

P MOON, Sweet site, very cool, everyone should see this stuff or have they all seen it and i'm the last one? :) I have already cut out my stock pipe, so what your saying is that with new pins and removed snorkle and remove the bog thingy, life would be as good as if i put on a new pipe ?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wheelie discussion by Chubs604

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Suzuki   DR-Z 400
  • Hot  136 replies
Wiki
Lighten up your DR-Z400S - last post by motoinmoab

Lighten up your DR-Z400S

Wiki Articles
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

$2000 for a decent DR-Z 400s...need a reality check!? by sbscale0309

• Hot  30 replies
Forums
Photo

Brand new 2014 DRZ 400SM by jprince911

• Hot  65 replies
Reviews

Suzuki DR-Z400S 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Suzuki DR-Z400S 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.