Who all has a street legal wr?

i got a 2004 wr plated for new brunswick canada. just a lil tip to save money on insurance,dont tell them its a stree and trail! call your insurace company and tell them you bought a motorcycle and you want to insure it, tell them its a wr 450 and give them the vin #. they will call you back in a few days telling you its a dirt bike,tell them that you have road tires and you dont go in the trails. for me the comparisson was 600$ to 175$

• 3 weeks later...

Contemplating trying to plate my 09 here in California guess it's worth a shot any tips from those of you that have done it here in Cali?

You need to dual register it

Meaning you'll pay two fees. A green sticker reg fee and your plate reg fee.

Get your lights signed off. Vin and smog sticker verification. Statement of fact sheets filled out.

There's a whole step by step process from calif dual sport web site. I'll try to find it for you

Technically any green sticker bike is plateable.

Just cost more To reg

Just did my '14 wr 450. Even with the emissions sticker that says off road use only!

DMV is clueless to this process. Need to pt and walk them through

• Like 1

I have a 2001 wr426 bord out to a 450.. My gearing is 15/46 and I was riding with a wr250 and he blow by me I couldn't even keep up? Do the new wr s have a 6th gear it looked a lot newer then mine

Edited by Nicky_A

I've got an '01 wr426 plated in Michigan it was super cheap, and easy, but I did the bare minimum. Horn, brake light, plate light, mirror. When I had an officer come and inspect it they just asked if everything worked and signed the sheet.

• 5 weeks later...

05 WR450 picked it up in Wisconsin already plated with the motard wheels.   :ride:  Reliability I would say very good this is my first motorcycle and am loving it, it runs well on the road only thing I have really noticed is when your going down those 25 mph road and the bike isn't the best cruiser kinda jerky. But anyways if I wanted a cruiser I woulda got one.

Here's the bike:

wr4501_zpscfe95e79.jpg

Edited by aust014

Every WR in Australia is legal right off the showroom floor.

Sorry, just had to rub it in. :bonk:

I like uncensored GTA.

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1408753549.173656.jpg

2014 WRR R.I.Pieces

2012 WR450F ECU, GYTR tuner, Yoshi RS4, MSR rad guards, Cycra Pros, and a growing wish list...

05 WR450 picked it up in Wisconsin already plated with the motard wheels.   :ride:  Reliability I would say very good this is my first motorcycle and am loving it, it runs well on the road only thing I have really noticed is when your going down those 25 mph road and the bike isn't the best cruiser kinda jerky. But anyways if I wanted a cruiser I woulda got one.

Here's the bike:

wr4501_zpscfe95e79.jpg

That's typically your jetting. Now, some will say that it's part of the ignition/TPS, etc, and while that might be true, if you get your jetting optimized, the "stuttering" will almost be unnoticeable.

That's typically your jetting. Now, some will say that it's part of the ignition/TPS, etc, and while that might be true, if you get your jetting optimized, the "stuttering" will almost be unnoticeable.

Well I'm not to good at getting the correct jetting myself, right now I have Main jet: 165 Pilot jet:45 not to sure on my needle or leak jet never messed with those ones... Also my elevation is 879 ft, it's usually humid 60's-80's mainly. Oh and I have the TPS sensor unplugged 

• 1 year later...

Bought this bad boy last August. Had less than 1k miles on it when I got it. It's a 2006. I also bought another set of rims for it, they're off a 2005 wr450f. I put my knobbies on them and put some irc gp-1's on the original set of rims. Switch em out whenever I go to the track or trail riding. The sumos are just far to expensive.

1468029393425.jpg

Here's the bike:

There is a known issue with the stock ECU and it causes the studdering.

You can reduce it by unplugging the TPS and doing the YZ carb mod (no more ACV), but to eliminate it you need to get a Dynatek ignition ECU.