Who all has a street legal wr?

Yamaha WR450F 2007

195 replies to this topic
  • GP1K

Posted April 10, 2013 - 08:24 AM

Not plated yet, but they changed the laws here in WA about a year or so ago so now it's pretty easy to get dirt bikes plated, so I plan on doing it soon. I just want it to connect trails, be legal on fire roads etc. I have a DRZ 400 for true dual sport/road use.

• n19dg2

Posted April 13, 2013 - 04:03 AM

Here is my plated 09 WR...plated in NJ since new.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2612.JPG

• e36graduate

Posted April 13, 2013 - 06:54 AM

I must be the only street legal WR in this liberal state. Got sick of Environmental Police everywhere, sick of local cops saying that the EP can come on my property and give me a ticket for not wearing a helmet, etc..... Fun bike, I think I am going to sell it, put it on craigslist, get too many interested people so I figure I should sell it for more, then I ride it and say, I'm keeping it. In my driveway today on stand getting a new Pirelli MT16 rear tire!!!!! Going for a nice ride tomorrow after golf.Posted Image

• Rapper1

Posted April 14, 2013 - 04:42 AM

I've got a plated '03 in Vermont. I bought the bike in Mass. and it came with a title. I added, among other performance mods a mirror, odometer, break switches front and back, horn and new UFO fender with running light as well as the break light. I chose not to add blinkers as in Vermont, you don't need them if the bike was not originally equipped.

I kept the offroad tires, but will be getting new ones soon. Love the bike. I think my next mod is to change the gearing to make first a little more smooth in the tighter stuff.

Attached Thumbnails

• motoride3.JPG

• MaxPower

Posted April 14, 2013 - 04:57 AM

I bought my plated 450 from Mass. Now it's got a NJ plate on it

• MaxPower

Posted April 14, 2013 - 05:01 AM

Here is my plated 09 WR...plated in NJ since new.

I like your WR a lot . The black rims with the big fresh Maxxis tires looks mean

• n19dg2

Posted April 14, 2013 - 07:55 AM

I like your WR a lot . The black rims with the big fresh Maxxis tires looks mean

Thanks!

• Tohelluride

Posted April 14, 2013 - 09:36 AM

Anybody know of a switch that can control just the horn and high/low beam? I'm in the process of getting mine plated in CO, have to get it inspected. Need horn, brake light, DOT tires and mirror. Since the twelve has a dual element bulb I wouldn't mind being able to switch it from high low as-well...

• thumpher1

Posted April 15, 2013 - 01:03 PM

if you are in alberta and your bike has rum or cm on the vin# plate it CAN NOT be converted to to street legal i beleive ontario has the same rule but not sure check the link and its on page 37

http://www.transport...t0_July2011.pdf

• miweber929

Posted April 16, 2013 - 04:36 AM

Anybody know of a switch that can control just the horn and high/low beam? I'm in the process of getting mine plated in CO, have to get it inspected. Need horn, brake light, DOT tires and mirror. Since the twelve has a dual element bulb I wouldn't mind being able to switch it from high low as-well...

Tusk or Baja Designs should have something.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Low Down

Posted April 16, 2013 - 05:30 AM

http://www.procycle....skits/dskit.htm

If ya check out the switches, there's one for a headlight and kill switch (that could be used for a horn).

• bobpara

Posted April 16, 2013 - 07:11 AM

I think plating all boils down to two major issues:

1) REGISTRATION: A WR is a funny bike. In some of the more lenient states like New Hampshire it CAN be plated right from the dealer.......Just a headlight and taillight req not even a horn or blinkers....easy. In more strict states like Massachusetts, it cannot and is sold with a certificate of Origin. As such, if you live in one of those strict states you can save yourself ALOT of frustration by buying one that already has a title. Even if the title is from another state, a title is a title and the strict states accept them and allow them to be transferred over. However, if it never had a title, in a strict state, getting or 'creating' a title requires an act of god.

2) INSPECTION: Once registered, will your bike pass your state's inspection requirements? Most of the time the requirements can be downloaded from the net. read the document fully and understand what hardware you will need to add. If you need to add blinkers, horn, etc may I suggest Baja Designs.....Their support is top-notch and they will help walk you thru the process.

• e36graduate

Posted April 16, 2013 - 05:21 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• MattVaughan

Posted May 06, 2013 - 06:05 PM

My 01 WR 400 has been registered since new here in Oz .. Only let expire last year .. Interesting to ride in heavy traffic, but shortens trip time to work by about 10 mins .. ( I love parks ) .. Will probably get a set of sumo wheels/tyres and ride it more often .. Oh, and take the White Bros pipe off for the road

• philb772

Posted May 07, 2013 - 07:09 AM

Just got my 05 WR450F titled and tagged in Arkansas. Installed the Tusk Street Conversion kit and getting ready to order some DOT approved tires to complete the transition.

• mcpga

Posted June 10, 2013 - 11:17 AM

I plated my '03 in Virginia 2 years ago. It was shear luck from what I've been told. I had the bike inspected and then went to the smallest and most remote DMV I could find. I slid the title and the inspection receipt across the counter and the little old lady said "will you need a tag for this sir?" I said "yes I do!" 10 minutes later I ran out the door with a plate.

• superbaja72

Posted June 12, 2013 - 02:58 PM

I just plated a 99 in Idaho. Put the tusk kit on and a set of Kenda 270 tires and off I go.

• chevy_guy

Posted June 12, 2013 - 04:03 PM

Just got my plate in alberta canada woot. Any one want to ride here ?

• SurfaceToAir

Posted June 12, 2013 - 09:12 PM

I posted this elsewhere, but oh well.. I saw the thread come up so here she is again. The needy bizatch :)
2008 WR450. "Looks" pretty much like all of them, so I wont bore you with more pics.

She broke down yesterday, about 5 miles from home. Rarely rider her on the street, either. Have not had time yet to investigate, but seemed like an electrical issue. Will see..
cheers-
Dustin

Attached Thumbnails

• myredbike.JPG

• KennyMc

Posted June 12, 2013 - 09:31 PM

I posted this elsewhere, but oh well.. I saw the thread come up so here she is again. The needy bizatch :)
2008 WR450. "Looks" pretty much like all of them, so I wont bore you with more pics.

She broke down yesterday, about 5 miles from home. Rarely rider her on the street, either. Have not had time yet to investigate, but seemed like an electrical issue. Will see..
cheers-
Dustin

It's because you made it look like a Husky :p I'll have to get a better picture some time. This is up in Kennedy Meadows...

Attached Thumbnails

• 578846_487957034565723_2060755865_n.jpg

Related Content

Forums
Photo

WR450F starts only after blowing to the fuel tank by RanFo

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Intake - Jetting / Fuel Injection
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Passenger Footpegs - 07 WR450 by GPFree

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  57 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve job by RiderDeAzul

• 10 replies
Forums
Photo

Valve Cover gasket keeps blowing by pbcrazy9898

• Hot  29 replies
Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2007 by ThumperTalk

Yamaha WR450F 2007
  • * * * * -
  • 32 reviews
  • Last review by cbsander
  • On October 05, 2016

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.