2012 San Felipe 250! Are you ready.

122 replies to this topic
  • JackAttack

Posted February 23, 2012 - 11:05 PM

It's a shame that a team owner would create an alias in a lame attempt to promote his own team!

Sweet first post!

I see some drama happening here.

It's about time. Keep up the good work.

:bonk:

• wondermuscle

Posted February 24, 2012 - 07:35 AM

Yes, but Timerider was the first!

Posted Image

Swan was a pimp! The guy goes back in time and drills the token hottie of the village. Kind of weird humpin' your hot great grandmother...

Back on topic, I want Caselli to win but realistically JCR will win.

Edited by wondermuscle, February 24, 2012 - 08:07 AM.

• Justaworker

Posted February 25, 2012 - 02:06 PM

SCORE Does a great job in Mexico. It seems the races especially, this years 250, keep raising the bar. The Motorcycle Quad action this year is going to be awesome. The Trucks are always great. In this economy, its a wonder it's still this good. the new section of the course, is going to be great spot to see some bad ass off road racing. Go San Felipe 250!

• tktman

Posted February 26, 2012 - 10:05 AM

Not to derail this thread. But SCORE has fallen short in attention to detail many times before. Like at the awards banquet they put a picture of our bike in the program under mike Johnsons name. The funny or sad thing was we ride a Kawasaki, Johnson rides a Honda and his bike was on display in the hotel lobby. If I recall our bike is clearly green and they still listed him as riding a Honda. Also do you think they will ever post the official results from the 2011 Baja 1000, not just the official finishers list? For being the so called premiere desert series they really come off looking bad when they do stuff like this. Alright my rant is over back to the topic at hand.

Mixing up Green with Red may have something to do with (color) blindness...which is another feature of SCORE, aside of of some other features...

• announcer dude

Posted February 27, 2012 - 03:45 PM

I have to say this is going to be one of the greatest list of class 22 stars
As a commentator for race dezert live I am excited for San Felipe. My
Co- heart scotty b with his articles are great. Trying to dig up dirt on these
Teams is crazy.as a father in law of mentioned rider with Kendall Norman
I don't know anything . But if these 2 guys hook up look out. All I can say stay
Tuned to the finish on race dezert live. Also reports all day at each check
Point with scotty b.

George Antill

• durtlurker

Posted March 03, 2012 - 07:24 AM

Looks like Destry only committed to THR for San Felipe...

• CHILLY

Posted March 04, 2012 - 07:08 AM

Okay I finally have my official SF250 preview posted.

http://www.enduro360...pe-250-preview/

Posted Image

• durtlurker

Posted March 04, 2012 - 06:10 PM

Great job Chilly! Now, with all that said:
Will KTM have enough time to pre-run?
Will Anthony's "experience" in Baja be enough?
Will SCORE's new VCPs prove to constrain teams or penalize them at the end?
Will Kendall pop up at 5:45am and have an unknown team mate waiting to take the bike?
After Weigand's Big 6 wins this weekend he will be pumped to charge for the 1x with Kamo and Udall. Will it be enough?
Will THR have the bike, plan, to support the dream team?

Regardless of the answers homework will be key

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted March 04, 2012 - 08:20 PM

These are all great questions and the answers will be left for the early afternoon of Mar 10th.

The suspense is enormous and the buildup has to be hyped.

The only answer I have for anyone who will NOT be in SF this Saturday, you will want to set your alarms
and be ready to tune in to the interweb for all of the action.

I, As in ME and my Team will be on the ground, on bikes, in trucks and trailers delivering the most complete, accurate and comprehensive coverage of the race. With AM photos, live LEADERBOARD updates, finish line video interviews and action shots from around the course posted before nightfall.

Those involved in this action include:

ECHO DESIGNS
RDC
BAJA PITS
IRC
BLOCKPASS 270 MOTO PHOTO

We will also hopefully exchange photos with none other than Chilly "The Greek".

In fact why don't we get Chilly's latest handicapping line as of 5 days prior.
Chilly: Estas Aqui???

Cannot wait for the RACE OF THE DECADE...

Yes I am calling it...this will be bigger than anything we have ever seen in BAJA...More teams, more $, more talent and Speed than ever before.

The clock is ticking

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted March 05, 2012 - 06:04 AM

Sure the race of the decade but "ever"? I guess "ever" since the web.
Just 4.5 factory backed bikes, not 7-10 of 4-5 makes. There's 4 realistic teams shooting for podium (and KN ain't in that unfortunately) with my personal hope of the Bros (.5) reaching it too.
And what am I missing about 21? It doesn't look more special than years recent. For sure not stacked like years ago. 21 won't upset the 22's, a 40 will likely be top 5.
There is also 1 team that's 'sevérely solid now that I hope will be close (damn, can't make italics on the phone, but some will get it).
It's nice Catavina has wifi, time to go play in the trails! (there's no whoops around here either :bonk: )

Edited by BajaBoundMoto, March 05, 2012 - 06:37 AM.

• brett frederickson

Posted March 05, 2012 - 10:13 AM

BBM took the family to GN to see the whales 2 weeks ago, when we stopped in catavina at the rock art, the ground and weather was awesome for riding. Came across 2 guys at Mission San Borja said they had been riding the area for over a week they couldnt stop saying "EPIC"!
Enjoy and stay safe!

• OUTERLIMITS

Posted March 05, 2012 - 01:10 PM

It's nice Catavina has wifi, time to go play in the trails! (there's no whoops around here either :lol: )

Ssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh! :bonk:

• Dane LaFontaine

Posted March 05, 2012 - 03:03 PM

Sure the race of the decade but "ever"? I guess "ever" since the web.
Just 4.5 factory backed bikes, not 7-10 of 4-5 makes. There's 4 realistic teams shooting for podium (and KN ain't in that unfortunately) with my personal hope of the Bros (.5) reaching it too.
And what am I missing about 21? It doesn't look more special than years recent. For sure not stacked like years ago. 21 won't upset the 22's, a 40 will likely be top 5.
There is also 1 team that's 'sevérely solid now that I hope will be close (damn, can't make italics on the phone, but some will get it).
It's nice Catavina has wifi, time to go play in the trails! (there's no whoops around here either :bonk: )

BBM what do I know but...regarding CL21.

Septien's finish times the last few 250's are exceptionally fast and last year he ran just about the entire SF250 SOLO from about RM30 to the finish and pulled 6OA. (3-6OA only split by about 9 minutes total last year)

I dunno but I like their chances to break into the top 5-OA especially in their own backyard....

Edited by Dane LaFontaine, March 05, 2012 - 03:08 PM.

• announcer dude

Posted March 05, 2012 - 03:16 PM

interview with destry abbott in laughlin before his big win there then talking about baja

http://www.youtube.c...GY&feature=mhsn

• announcer dude

Posted March 05, 2012 - 06:08 PM

interview with destry about san felipe

Edited by announcer dude, March 05, 2012 - 07:01 PM.

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted March 05, 2012 - 09:57 PM

JCR Supported B Team is out- Mark Samuels 10x Rider of Record
Eddy Bros. Matt and Max Jr.
& Pee'In Ian Young (Colton's Brother)

JCR- Parts, Pit and the Bike
Metal Mulisha
Billy Nicoll Built Bike

Pee'In Ian had a big hand on getting the bike dialed.

Samuels was on the phone for a few weeks wheelin and deelin to put the program together.

Posted Image

• Justin Hambleton

Posted March 06, 2012 - 06:15 AM

JCR Supported B Team is out- Mark Samuels 10x Rider of Record
Eddy Bros. Matt and Max Jr.
& Pee'In Ian Young (Colton's Brother)

JCR- Parts, Pit and the Bike
Metal Mulisha
Billy Nicoll Built Bike

Pee'In Ian had a big hand on getting the bike dialed.

Samuels was on the phone for a few weeks wheelin and deelin to put the program together.

I don't understand what is being said here. How come no one can write in clear, decipherable English with full and complete sentences any longer?

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted March 06, 2012 - 06:38 AM

Ok Justin. Thanks for your valuable input and feedback. I will practice writing full sentences and running my posts through a word document for grammar and spell check.

I'll start off with a sample:

Pro race team member and former San Felipe class 30 soloist Justin Hambleton, who is known mostly for his unique brand of internet forum hijinks, was given a new nick name today based primarily on his extensive record of crashing and injuring himself. Let it be know to all men that his nick name will changed from Justin "Rambletons" to Justin "Tumble-Tons"

Bajaja- Justkid-ing (about spell check)

• Justin Hambleton

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:25 AM

Ok Justin. Thanks for your valuable input and feedback. I will practice writing full sentences and running my posts through a word document for grammar and spell check.

I'll start off with a sample:

Pro race team member and former San Felipe class 30 soloist Justin Hambleton, who is known mostly for his unique brand of internet forum hijinks, was given a new nick name today based primarily on his extensive record of crashing and injuring himself. Let it be know to all men that his nick name will changed from Justin "Rambletons" to Justin "Tumble-Tons"

Bajaja- Justkid-ing (about spell check)

This is a good start, but there are still a number of misspellings. Off to rehab the sprained ankle... Temor a la Mancha!

:bonk:

Edited by Justin Hambleton, March 06, 2012 - 07:26 AM.

• Dane LaFontaine

Posted March 06, 2012 - 07:57 AM

Billy Nicoll Built Bike

Ian had a big hand on getting the bike dialed.

^ Two of the nicest guys you will ever meet. :bonk:

I don't understand what is being said here. How come no one can write in clear, decipherable English with full and complete sentences any longer?

Eat's a well nown fakt butt just puting it owt their...Billy ees a suspenchun jeanieus. :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.