Almost new '10 450F - Looking for mods advice

6 replies to this topic
  • bkoz

Posted February 08, 2012 - 06:36 AM

I just picked up a '10 YZ450F with only 4.3 hrs for a great price. I will be using this bike for Old Timer racing on mostly hard pack tracks.

Posted Image

What have been peoples favorite mods on the '10 and up 450F's?

Any special tricks for hard pack with this bike. G2 throttle, Rekluse, flywheel weight etc.

I did come with the GYTR tuner and swapping out the front Dunlop will be priority.

• glenn77

Posted February 08, 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hey man, I have a 2011Yz450f and race in the Aotmx as well. I have played around with the power tuner a bit and that helped smooth things out. I'm putting a Yoshimura exhaust system on and I just put on a hole shot device. Obviously I haven't been able to use some of this stuff yet because of winter but I'm excited to try it out. A buddy of mine put the radiator lowering kit on his 2010. What class will you be racing in this year?

• bkoz

Posted February 08, 2012 - 07:16 PM

Hey man, I have a 2011Yz450f and race in the Aotmx as well. I have played around with the power tuner a bit and that helped smooth things out. I'm putting a Yoshimura exhaust system on and I just put on a hole shot device. Obviously I haven't been able to use some of this stuff yet because of winter but I'm excited to try it out. A buddy of mine put the radiator lowering kit on his 2010. What class will you be racing in this year?

I'll be running 30 Amateur this year. I will have to track you down at the next race and see how you like the Yoshi exhaust.

The rad lowering kit is out as the bike came with rad braces.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzfrider1

Posted February 08, 2012 - 08:09 PM

I have this bike, and race othg. Suspension is good, I had just had mine revalved and its better. Galfer brake line helps. I have the lower link and like it. If you want your front end more planted, there is a kit for the engine mounts. I'm running a 50 tooth sprocket. I don't have the mapping #'s as they came from a friends tuner. No pipe on mine, but I wouldn't be opposed to one.

• BBrown626

Posted February 08, 2012 - 08:20 PM

I am running bone stock except for Bridgestone tires and springs for my weight. I bought the DRD Engine Relocation Kit, but it isn't in yet. Start with the correct springs for your weight and set the sag. After that, ride it a bit and go from there. The twitchy throttle is my biggest complaint.
Check MXAction's web site for their recomendations.

• Stu2

Posted February 08, 2012 - 08:28 PM

I have the lowering link, changed mapping to the marmot map in the sticky, rekluse exp and have revolved suspension for off road racing,

I would love to order the engine reposition collars but none of the companies have replied to my numerous e mails....

• yz250337

Posted February 09, 2012 - 10:37 PM

if you dont mind me asking how much you pick it up for bacause im looking for one and am wondering what kind of a deal you got ?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.