NBD! WR450F

5 replies to this topic
  • magazine

Posted February 07, 2012 - 04:14 PM

I just got a NEW 07' WR450f OTD $3999. It was dealers personal bike. It had less than 30 miles on it, not a single scratch anywhere, tits on tires.

I've never had a WR but have heard great things about their reliability. Anyone care to chime in on some mods that may need to be done? I really like the stock look so nothing drastic like aftermarket exhaust please.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted February 07, 2012 - 04:26 PM

Sweet!

see the stickies at the top of the forum.

Basically, do the free mods. Get the AIS removal kit. Get the Pro Moto Billet insert for the exhaust to open it up a bit.

then jet it using the JD Jet Kit

put on your armor (skid plate, frame guards, hand guards, radiator guards)

You may want to consider doing something about the suspension if you are over 200lbs.

I agree, the stock bike is beautiful. No need to mess it up.

Then ride it like you stole it.

• BoiseBee

Posted February 07, 2012 - 07:53 PM

Congrats!! That is one heckuva deal. I won't be a WR owner until my 2012 finally arrives, but I can tell you after having a YZ450 for 5 years that the 5 valve motor is rock solid and dependable, and the JD jetting kit makes the carb as good as it can possibly be.

Enjoy!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DrFeelGood

Posted February 08, 2012 - 08:34 AM

I just bought a new 08 WR450F with 0 miles (no gas or oil ever in the bike) for $4200 :smirk:

Good thing there's still a few months before the good riding weather. Plenty-o-time to grease, guard, jet, mod and spring this puppy. :bonk: I can't wait to ride it!!!

• kawi380

Posted February 09, 2012 - 10:32 AM

Sweet!

see the stickies at the top of the forum.

Basically, do the free mods. Get the AIS removal kit. Get the Pro Moto Billet insert for the exhaust to open it up a bit.

then jet it using the JD Jet Kit

put on your armor (skid plate, frame guards, hand guards, radiator guards)

You may want to consider doing something about the suspension if you are over 200lbs.

I agree, the stock bike is beautiful. No need to mess it up.

Then ride it like you stole it.

This pretty much covers it. Congrats. Bought mine new in March of 08, she now has about 4000miles and still rides like a new bike.

• magazine

Posted February 09, 2012 - 04:06 PM

The bike is all corked up thats for sure. What a sweet bike though and a great price to boot! I just sold my old bike for more than this one cost. I need to get the jd jetting kit and the ais removal kit. Will taking the tip out of exhaust possibly help eliminate the bog? What if anything can I do to help her run a little better for now without purchasing any kits?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.