Riding my WR all year long!

7 replies to this topic
  • Mefesto

Posted February 07, 2012 - 11:19 AM

If you haven't had a chance to see the Timbersled Mountain Horse in action I would highly recommend it. Here is a video of me on one of my riding days here in NW Montana. I love being able to ride my bike every week of the year!

Enjoy!

• Stealth13

Posted February 07, 2012 - 02:23 PM

How many km do you ride that in a year ? How is maintenance on it?

• Mefesto

Posted February 07, 2012 - 03:12 PM

I'll probably put around 1500 miles on it this winter season alone, plus another 600 or so on dirt. We've had bike motors pulled apart with clutches examined and service techs can't tell the difference between a bike ridden all winter and a bike only ridden on the dirt.

Our main problem is getting the motors warm enough. 95 degree engine temps is NOT good. I'm going to be adding a KTM in-line thermostat this weekend and I should get up to about 145 degrees.

• Stealth13

Posted February 07, 2012 - 04:18 PM

How many km do you get out of an engine and how about valves being adjusted

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mefesto

Posted February 07, 2012 - 05:09 PM

Normal maintenance intervals for everything. The only extra thing I do is change the oil every other ride since the engines are known to build moisture due to the lack of proper operating temps. That should be fixed with the thermostat installation.

So, the short answer is that the motor will last as long as a normal one that never hits the snow.

• BoiseBee

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:01 PM

That. is. BAD. ASS!!

Love the side hill action. I've been thinking of one of those kits for next year.... thanks for sharing.

• Mefesto

Posted February 07, 2012 - 08:05 PM

That. is. BAD. ASS!!

Love the side hill action. I've been thinking of one of those kits for next year.... thanks for sharing.

You can get a free demo in Sandpoint, ID from the Timbersled crew. Pack a lunch and the day is on them. Call Allen or Dave at Timberseld and get hooked.

• MANIAC998

Posted February 08, 2012 - 05:56 AM

Incredible video! Man, that looks like fun! And I think your right about the free demo ride in Idaho. Call Timbersled and get hooked!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.