Pad for above bar Steering Damper

3 replies to this topic
  • pschiess

Posted February 06, 2012 - 10:17 AM

I installed a above bar steering damper and keep looking at it and it looks painful to hit. Has anyone come up with a creative way to pad one? I did a search but could not find a pad for a steering damper mounted above the bars. I am sure i am not the only one who has had this issue and someone must make a pad that works and is not too ugly.

• The Hopper Show

Posted February 07, 2012 - 06:46 PM

buy a fat bar pad and cut to fit

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pschiess

Posted February 07, 2012 - 10:39 PM

buy a fat bar pad and cut to fit

I looked at that but the new ones have molded foam so not a great option. Maybe if I can find one with the old open foam I can try that.

• kawi380

Posted February 09, 2012 - 10:34 AM

I modded the pad that came with the bike and had it on for a while but it got in the way of adjustments. I have ridden the bike for almost 4 years now, no pad and no issues.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.