water in cyl head and barrel skimmed

6 replies to this topic
  • bluesbiker

Posted February 05, 2012 - 09:11 AM

after the dumping of water problem a few days ago had the head and barrel skimmed at an engineers local to me checked the pressure of the barrel everything fine,,now when i went to collect it he said he took quite a bit off and recomends 2 head gaskets,,the mechanic says no 1 will do some how im not sure,, any one came accros this before etc regards peter

• zibbit u2

Posted February 05, 2012 - 07:29 PM

I would keep the HG at only one. But you could either get a thicker jug base gasket, or possibly double up one. Just note, if you do space the base gasket, you'll have to make sure the water jacket sleeve oring is thicker also.

First, install the jug with the piston, and rotate the motor to TDC and see if the piston protrudes from the jug. If it doesn't;

Assemble the motor using the used gaskets, and there's some putty you can put on the top of the piston, rotate the motor slowly by hand and check to see if you have any interference issues between either the head/valves or piston Once you've made a few complete rotations, disassemble the motor and check the putty to verify you don't have contact with anything..

• bluesbiker

Posted February 06, 2012 - 11:29 AM

thanks mate let you no how i come on fingers crossed,,,still waiting for genuine gaskets :smirk:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluesbiker

Posted February 06, 2012 - 11:33 AM

water jacket sleeve o ring ?????? where is and what is this pls

• zibbit u2

Posted February 06, 2012 - 09:18 PM

look on cheapcycleparts, look for your bike in the OEM parts section.

go to waterpump page and take a look in there.

Orings are #13
Sleeves are #12

• bluesbiker

Posted February 07, 2012 - 12:10 PM

thanks mate well update
at last happy now up and running again just plastics to go on tomorrow and chkd over :smirk:

• zibbit u2

Posted February 12, 2012 - 10:32 AM

so did you have any issues with piston height/clearance issues after the machining was done? Glad you got it running again.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.