Adjusting Valves?

4 replies to this topic
  • MotoMan217

Posted August 08, 2001 - 02:02 PM

Someone told me i need to adjust my valves on my bike? i just got it how long should i wait until i even atempt touching my bike to do this

• PK

Posted August 08, 2001 - 09:00 PM

Is the bike new or used? If it is used I would do it sooner rather than later. If it is new, I wouldn't go much more than 20 hours before you check them. It isn't hard to do so don't let it intimidate you and it'll give you peace of mind to know.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoMan217

Posted August 09, 2001 - 02:04 AM

The bike is new. ive ridden it for about 5 hours so far. im going riding all day on saturday so that will put me close to the checking point

• yzf

Posted August 09, 2001 - 02:43 PM

after break in the valves will seat and need very little maint after the first adjustment

• MikeOK

Posted August 09, 2001 - 05:04 PM

Mine are still in speck after about 50 hours of time. I am do for another check so I'll post what I find. Most reports here over the last year or so have been good except for the guys who put a jillion hours on their bikes...

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.