Jetting help please

91 replies to this topic
  • Stealth13

Posted February 22, 2012 - 07:06 AM

So, you're saying you finally did what we have been telling you to do for days, but wouldn't attempt because you were too scared to touch your own bike... and now it magically runs great?

Amazing.

he said it wasn't pushing enough air out so it was bogging

• W R

Posted February 22, 2012 - 07:18 AM

he said it wasn't pushing enough air out so it was bogging

Hense, UNCORK your bike!

• W R

Posted February 22, 2012 - 07:39 AM

That is great that your bike is running great now. If you were to go back and read you will see that this solution could have been done all the way back to reply #1 which is post #2. I believe all the way back there you were told to uncork your bike.

Good think is you have learned something and your bike is running well. Bad thing is there was a lot of questions asked through out this that you would ignore and just ask another question by passing what could have answered your problem. I for one stayed out of this for a long time as you never answered ny whole questions from the beginning. Then as I asked more you still really did not answer my questions but asked something else.

You will find in the future if you have a problem and ask for help then to get help you are going to need to answer each and every question. If you do not knoow the answer then say "sorry but I do not know the answer to .........". Then the person(s) trying to help you can tell you how to get the answer. Those answers are crucial to diagnosing a bike and to keep someone helping you from pulling their hair out from frustration.

I am sure on your end it too is difficult if you are unsure of what you are doing but help will only come to those who are willing to help them selves.

Good luck with your bike. You are going to love it!

Don't forget you are still going to want to remove the AIS. Then take it for a rip down the street. After try removing the snorkel from under the seat and then take it for a rip down the street. You may decide you like it even more!

Weekend

• Stealth13

Posted February 22, 2012 - 08:03 AM

I wanted to do the ais and jd kit but my dad is saying "it works leave it alone".. Ha he already doesn't like that I said it wheelies in 2nd with me leaning forward

• W R

Posted February 22, 2012 - 09:04 AM

Someday when you do it you are going to kick yourself for waiting. When you finally let the bike run the way it is supposed to you will love it more.

Just think how much better it runs now. Don't you think you want it to run even better so you can experience the good life.

• tech857

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:06 AM

Sound like dad doesn't want to see the kid get hurt.
Make sure you wear a helmet.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Stealth13

Posted February 22, 2012 - 10:23 AM

Sound like dad doesn't want to see the kid get hurt.
Make sure you wear a helmet.

I'm an adult... I'll probably end up doing the jd and such, just saying what he said

• tech857

Posted February 22, 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hahaha don't be mad. The way you talked about your dad telling you what to do made you sound like a kid. How old are you?

• tech857

Posted February 22, 2012 - 03:21 PM

A parent never wants to see their kids get hurt no matter how old they are.

• Stealth13

Posted February 22, 2012 - 04:44 PM

Hahaha don't be mad. The way you talked about your dad telling you what to do made you sound like a kid. How old are you?

21, there's a difference between telling what to do and what he said, which was giving his advice.

Thanks for all your help though :bonk: took it for a rip today and it really flies

• Leardriver

Posted February 22, 2012 - 06:41 PM

I'm glad it is running better.

Purposely running a bike way too rich or lean as a way to slow the motor down for your safety would kinda' work, I guess. This forum is more geared towards optimizing each bikes rideability, and therefore your enjoyment.You could leave the throttle stop in :bonk:

Edited by Leardriver, February 23, 2012 - 10:48 AM.

• Stealth13

Posted February 22, 2012 - 08:27 PM

It has the grey wire and yz throttle stop already ! Cracked it wide open in 5th and it ripped pretty good

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.