Quicky hight altitude re-jet?

3 replies to this topic
  • MiniMadMan50

Posted October 06, 2003 - 10:33 AM

I'm going to be taking a trip up to the mountains in southern Utah this weekend, and since this is probably the last time i'll be able to make it up there before it snows, I don't want to bother with a full re-jet of my carb. When I have gone up there in the past, I have left my jetting stock, and while it ran decently, it was definetly too rich. Would it be worth it for me to raise the clip on my needle a spot or two when I go up there? Or should I not even bother? My main goal is no not have to deal with a fouled plug while I'm out in the middle of no where (i've heard you can foul a plug on a long down hill from being jetted too rich at altitude). I'm going to be riding anywhere from just about 9000' to well over 10000' Thanks. :)

• mikeolichney

Posted October 06, 2003 - 11:20 AM

Jetting only takes a few minutes. Just do it at home before you go.

Download my hi altitude jetting chart and use it. Follow the directions. You need Microsoft Excel. It will get you close.

Download it here: www.sbuttes.com

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MiniMadMan50

Posted October 06, 2003 - 11:34 AM

THIS THING IS KILLER thanks man! :) :D

• mikeolichney

Posted October 06, 2003 - 01:25 PM

Glad you like it. Have fun in the mtns.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.