Warning-stator star screws loose

2 replies to this topic
  • TStates

Posted August 07, 2001 - 04:33 PM

My friend and I just installed a fly wgt. on his 01 426. We had the job all but done and were putting things back together when we found that two of the three star screws were loose and all but ready to fall out and down into the engine case. The manual calls for these screws to be TQ. at 7.2lb.This bike had maybe 10 hrs. on it and had never had anything done except oil changes. So we assumed that this was a factory blunder. Needless to say a 5 minute inspection by removing the cover and checking for proper TQ may save a lot of money. Any questions just let me know. MY wgt. is in the mail so I hope to install it for this weekends ride, we will see if my bike has any surprises.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tresyuno

Posted August 08, 2001 - 12:51 PM

Where did you buy your weight from? I am going to be getting one in a couple of days from Baja Designs.

YZ 426F
XR 250R
Austin, TX

• TStates

Posted August 08, 2001 - 04:21 PM

[I got one from Ty Davis, www.ziptyracing.com. As did my friend. You can get the unit that only requires replacing the flywheel, or the cheaper one that you have to drill and tap and bolt on the wgt. Good luck, make sure to check the TQ on the stator, star head screws.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.