Spark plug help

3 replies to this topic
  • Stealth13

Posted February 01, 2012 - 08:58 AM

Tried looking at the manual and couldn't find much . How much should I gap it and how can I get it out? Have to take the seat off?

• MANIAC998

Posted February 04, 2012 - 03:54 AM

Yes, you will have to remove the seat and gas tank. And you'll need the special Yamaha tool to be able to reach down in the hole to get to that plug. Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GuyGraham

Posted February 04, 2012 - 07:50 AM

gap is 0.7-0.8mm IIRC

• HONDAMEC

Posted February 08, 2012 - 10:31 AM

The special tool that I use is a piece of rubber hose, just slip it over the ceramic insulator and insert plug and turn to start threads, then pull off hose and tighten down. Just be sure that the plug is started straight. you should be able to turn it in and out 2 - 3 turns without wrench before you tighten it down and do not over tighten.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.