Finally got a 450

2 replies to this topic
  • rhinoracin

Posted January 31, 2012 - 10:56 PM

Picked up this 09 with only 5 hours on it

Posted Image

I have a few questions:

- I replaced the stock air filter with a Uni, and the filter screw was very hard to get into the threads, I basically had to force it in, is this normal?
- What should I set the shock sag to?
- Where can I find white/black/red graphics for just the rear fender?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaryder29

Posted February 01, 2012 - 05:22 AM

I have a few questions:

- I replaced the stock air filter with a Uni, and the filter screw was very hard to get into the threads, I basically had to force it in, is this normal?
- Where can I find white/black/red graphics for just the rear fender?

The air filter bolt should go in pretty easy. Did you have the filter aligned properly? There's a small dowel that on the back of the cage that lines up with the air box.
Set your sag to 100mm. Look on eBay for graphics.

Edited by Yamaryder29, February 01, 2012 - 11:00 AM.

• grayracer513

Posted February 01, 2012 - 10:08 AM

Some replacement filter elements can be difficult to install the first several times because the sealing flanges and the dome at the bolt hole are considerably thicker. This often makes it necessary to push inward quite firmly to engage the bolt with the threads while trying at the same time to rotate the bolt and avoid cross threading all at once. Can be kind of a pain. Be sure that the cage is all the way down into the corner crease where the sealing flange meets the dome of the element, and that everything is lined up.

The bike will corner better with the sag set closer to 95mm. If you weigh more than 190 or less than 170 without gear, you should check the free sag against the loaded sag to see if the spring is OK:

http://www.tootechra...ension_tips.htm
http://www.tootechra...pension Tip.htm

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.