2011 YZ450F fork slider?

1 reply to this topic
  • stroker101

Posted January 31, 2012 - 05:10 PM

i recently purchased a new 2011 YZ450F and getting familar with it while waiting for a day off from work. i haven't even ridden it yet.
anyway, i was looking at the fork tubes and noticed that they do not have a teflon/nylon ring like the earlier models have to keep the lower fork gaurds from rubbing, other than a thin wire ring. i looked at a micro-fische and didn't see anything there neither.

anyone with some run time experiencing wear on the aluminum fork tubes?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • glenn77

Posted January 31, 2012 - 05:35 PM

The plastic ring on the fork leg is the old school way of fastening fork guards. I have the same bike as you and have had no issues with any wear from this type of set up. That part of the fork leg is for hole shot devices now I guess.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.