450 fi upper air intake shroud

12 replies to this topic
  • moorespeed426

Posted January 31, 2012 - 08:16 AM

Has anyone ordered an aftermarket upper shroud, it looks like to me that they don't come with the internal air scoops like the stock ones do, has anyone ran aftermarket without the scoops?

• stroker101

Posted January 31, 2012 - 10:11 AM

If your looking for an aftermarket shroud with intake scoops...try Cycra Power Flow shrouds. I don't think a aftermarket shroud is made for the 2010-2012 YZ450F is available without the intake tract or ductwork.

I was curious about if anyone has installed the Cycra Shroud and how the fitement and performance are.

Thanks

Edited by stroker101, January 31, 2012 - 10:12 AM.

• HRC

Posted January 31, 2012 - 12:17 PM

If your looking for an aftermarket shroud with intake scoops...try Cycra Power Flow shrouds. I don't think a aftermarket shroud is made for the 2010-2012 YZ450F is available without the intake tract or ductwork.

I was curious about if anyone has installed the Cycra Shroud and how the fitement and performance are.

Thanks

I have installed the cycra shrouds and they fit very well. As far as performence I haven´t really felt any night and day difference. They are a little slimmer and in my opinion looks alot better.

Posted Image
Posted Image

• stroker101

Posted January 31, 2012 - 01:05 PM

Nice looking bike HRC. I was thinking about the Power Flow shrouds just for simplicity of servicing the air filter but another gain would be a slimmer feeling of the shroud area...sweet

Thanks

• moorespeed426

Posted January 31, 2012 - 01:13 PM

Was that graphics kit for the stock plastic, if so did you have to modify much

• mxbrewski

Posted January 31, 2012 - 09:20 PM

Cycra makes a graphics template for their shrouds. The graphic maker just has to request it from Cycra, from what I understand.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto278

Posted February 06, 2012 - 10:22 AM

i just installed the cycra shrouds, a little difficult to install but probably from my radiators bein a lil bent nd twisted. i left stock on 1 side nd the cycra on the other to compare, visibly they dont look slimer, feel slightly slimmer mayb, looks better tho, cleaner look

• stroker101

Posted February 09, 2012 - 12:23 PM

I have installed the cycra shrouds and they fit very well. As far as performence I haven´t really felt any night and day difference. They are a little slimmer and in my opinion looks alot better.

Posted Image
Posted Image

fit very well? received mine today and gave up on trying to get them mounted. reinstalled the OEM shroud system. i'm thinking about sending them back for a refund. not what i had expected.

any tips on how to install these would be helpful. i may try again tomorrow morning (they won the battle today lol)

Thx!!!

Edited by stroker101, February 09, 2012 - 12:25 PM.

• HRC

Posted February 09, 2012 - 01:25 PM

fit very well? received mine today and gave up on trying to get them mounted. reinstalled the OEM shroud system. i'm thinking about sending them back for a refund. not what i had expected.

any tips on how to install these would be helpful. i may try again tomorrow morning (they won the battle today lol)

Thx!!!

Strange ! Mine fitted almost better than stock. no problems at all actually.

Can you explain where/how it not will fit up ?

One tip is: do not tighten the bolts for the shrouds until all bolts are in place.

Do you have radiatorguards mounted ?

Have your radiators been tweeked in a crash ?

Edited by HRC, February 09, 2012 - 01:32 PM.

• stroker101

Posted February 09, 2012 - 02:34 PM

i installed the Works Connection rad braces (simular to yours HRC), then was in the process of installing the shrouds. they didn't want to fit into/around the intake opening. also, they made contact down along the rads, causing them to bulge and keeping the bolt holes from aligning.

Thx

(my bike has 0.2 run hours on the meter, never ridden, never dropped. radiators are like they were when the bike rolled off the assembly line. the suspension is at Factory Connection being valved.)

• washel157

Posted February 11, 2012 - 08:16 AM

I live near Cycra and know the guys there pretty well. What I did on my yz is turn the spacers around an install them that way. This seem to help out alot. My bike is actually out there now getting fitted for their new skid plates.

• mxbrewski

Posted February 11, 2012 - 10:03 AM

@washel157, if I may request since you know them, could you ask them about doing a yellow retro Powerflow body kit for the 10-12 YZ450F's. I think that it could be quite popular. They do not respond much to e-mails.

• stroker101

Posted February 11, 2012 - 06:37 PM

i sent Cycra Power Flow shrouds back for a refund, not what i had expected. i'll deal with the OEM shroud

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.