Happy Ramblers Success !!!!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • MotoStyle

Posted August 06, 2001 - 09:33 PM

Hey guys, just wanted to let everyone know that I went out to the open practice at HRMC and met our moderator, Bill. He was nice enough to let me share his canope and I met his two sons Nathaniel and William; totally cool guys. After our Saturday practice, he convinced me to go and out race on Sunday. I showed up, he brought out his canope again and we made a race day of it. I ran 25+ B (on a 250f) and got a 3-4 for 4th overall. Not bad for 8 years of not racing. Bill and his two sons were some of the nicest people you could meet and I would like to personally thank them for cheering me on and just hanging out for the weekend. :)

• MotoStyle

Posted August 06, 2001 - 09:35 PM

Here's just one of the pic's that Bill and his crew took of me......Pretty cool. :)

• Bill

Posted August 06, 2001 - 10:21 AM

It was our pleasure Dave. I have only met great people through TT and the boys and I had a blast.

I wished the pics would have come out better, like you clearing the 60' tabletop :) I was more interested in watching you ride. Next time I'll take both motos off from flagging and get some better pics.

Your one fast and smooth VET :D

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Jason

Posted August 06, 2001 - 11:11 AM

Wow, sounds cool, Ill have to try and get out to one of these events you go to Bill.
Hey, did you make it to the C-Dale demo In RC then?

• MotoStyle

Posted August 06, 2001 - 11:24 AM

Thanks again.... Here's the take off pic of the table top from a distance...... Not bad.

Posted August 10, 2001 - 05:51 AM

when is the next open practice
at H.R.M.C. ?

• Bill

Posted August 10, 2001 - 11:26 AM

That was the first ever, not sure when they'll have another. You can join for $85/year, you have to work 6 race and work days.

Once your a member you can participate on Happy Rambler member days. They fully prep the track and let us ride all day. Sometimes they even supply food and drink.

If you race, you can relief flag and still get full credit. Sometimes if you do a work and raceday the same weekend, you get free entry into the race.

The track is one of the best prepped tracks I've ever seen and all the jumps can be rolled safely. The layout is awesome.

Come out on Aug 19th. I'll be there flagging. Let me know if your coming and we'll make arangements to meet. I think motostyle (Dave) is going to race again.

[This message has been edited by Bill (edited 08-10-2001).]

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.