DAMN MY SEAT'S HARD...

3 replies to this topic
  • emcdan

Posted August 06, 2001 - 07:45 AM

Has anyone foam or gone to a taller seat foam? Thanks for your responses :)

• MGR8

Posted August 06, 2001 - 08:02 AM

Ceet makes an excellent tall seat foam, much better than Factory Effex. Have one one my YZ250. Made a big difference...probrably will put it on the 426. The Ceet is firmer than stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted August 06, 2001 - 11:13 AM

I use the Guts racing foam. It's VERY soft!!!. Originally I had the normal height foam, but after riding a tall foam setup, I installed some padding underneath the Guts to raise it up a bit. They also sell soft tall foam- I should have gone that route but didn't.

A friend has the tall ceet foam. It's very hard, maybe just the same as stock. He drilled about 150 holes in it which softened it up quite a bit. It's still harder than my Guts regular height foam with custom pad underneath

• Hick

Posted August 06, 2001 - 02:54 PM

Factory Effex is a bit softer than stock and of course lots taller. Finding a seat cover that fits properly can be a challenge, unless you just get the Factory Effex cover made for their taller foam (just discovered that my NStyle gripper doesn’t fit).

I had N Style on my '00, a "normal" gripper cover stretches over that, I guess it isn't quite as tall as the Effex product, and I think it might be slightly softer. Whatever, I don't know how anybody rides on that stock seat. You sit "in" the taller ones a bit more, and it holds you on the bike better. I think this can save a lot of energy for off-road events (where you spend more time sitting).

Of course, if you are under 6' taller may end up being too tall.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.