YZ400F New Fly Wheel No Spark?

9 replies to this topic
  • shuey1

Posted January 29, 2012 - 04:11 PM

So i went to change my flywheel got it off and the new one on put it all back togethe,r went to start it and it wont start. Checked the sparrk and nothing so i pulled out the ol trusty klymer and started testing the electronics and and started with stator. firts test went fine the pink ans black wires ok .The 2nd test the green and brown is where it failed why would changing the Fly wheel make my stator fry?

Any idea's

• shuey1

Posted January 30, 2012 - 06:54 AM

Anything?

• RickyStator

Posted January 30, 2012 - 02:20 PM

did you damage the stator when removing/installing the flywheel?

• DeeCee

Posted January 31, 2012 - 11:31 PM

Why did you change the flywheel in the first place ?

• shuey1

Posted February 01, 2012 - 07:26 PM

was replacing it with one with a zip ty 10oz weight attached. When i got inside and pulled it off it already had one on it. LOL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bonehead7101

Posted February 02, 2012 - 10:16 AM

only possibilities are you damaged the stator, or maybe didnt get the woodruf key in place?

• grayracer513

Posted February 02, 2012 - 10:37 AM

... i pulled out the ol trusty klymer and started testing the electronics and and started with stator. firts test went fine the pink ans black wires ok .The 2nd test the green and brown is where it failed

Is this still the case, or did we get around this somehow? What were the specific readings you got?

• allupinsydeyou

Posted February 02, 2012 - 02:16 PM

how far did you thread the screws in the puller into the flywheel? the bolts that hold the puller on are long enough to hit the coils on your stator if you arnt careful. ask me how i know about this expensive mistake :smirk:

• grayracer513

Posted February 02, 2012 - 03:04 PM

If the right puller was used, that wouldn't be possible.

• shuey1

Posted February 02, 2012 - 05:02 PM

green and brown wires if i remember showed 0.00 or 00.00 anyways i went and bought a new stator. just waiting for it right now.
i think we jacked it up while we were putting it back on. i have the correct puller. but i didnt use a air wrench the first time putting on the wheel tried it buy hand with a make shift wrench to hold it, thats when i think i did something to the stator. i no better now lol thanks gray! ill let you know how it turns out next weekend. i had a little minor surgery this morning put me out of commision for a few days.
sucks getting old. lol

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.