WR 400 YZ cam timing

1 reply to this topic
  • VinceDC

Posted January 29, 2012 - 02:03 PM

I have had a 1999 WR400 for a while now and I am putting a new piston in it . I was considering doing the YZ timing when I put it back together. I wanted to get some opinions about the positives and negitives. I have done all the other mods. Just want to know what I have been missing.
Thanks
Vince

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted January 30, 2012 - 02:00 PM

You will gain quite a bit of low-end power, which some might say is slightly more violent than using the WR timing. Of course, you could try it yourself, and if you didn't like it, you can go back to the WR timing. I think you'll like it. Maniac

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.