WR250f clamps on YZ450f

2 replies to this topic
  • boreext10

Posted January 28, 2012 - 08:26 PM

Will 2007 wr250f triple clamps/steering stem fit on 2007 yz450f? I

I have a yz450 supermoto with 13mm offset triples and I used stock steering stem from stock triples. Now I want to get some forks/shock for dirt use. Can't find just a steering stem on ebay but I did find a complete set of 07 wr250f triples for cheap. Anyone know if it will work?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 29, 2012 - 08:27 AM

I think the stem will turn out to be too short by 10-12 mm

• 2grimjim

Posted January 29, 2012 - 10:42 AM

You can use '07+ WR 450 triple clamps if you can't find a stem or YZ clamp. The 125's and 250F's (not the 250 two stroke) have the short stem.

The WR 250 and 450 clamp is 2mm narrower than your YZ clamps and the 250F stem is 10mm shorter. You can press out the YZ stem and use it in the WR lower. The 2mm difference will not be noticed. It effectively offsets the front wheel to the right 1mm (.039", less than 1/16 inch). Everything else (caliper, axle, spacers) will fit fine.

There is another difference between the steel frame and aluminum frame triple clamps. The steering stop on the steel frame is wider and if you use a triple clamp from a steel frame bike on your '07, the forks might hit the tank before hitting the stops.

Edited by 2grimjim, January 29, 2012 - 10:48 AM.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.