New WR400 owner, new to TT

5 replies to this topic
  • WideEyedFox

Posted January 27, 2012 - 05:22 PM

Hi All,

I'm new to Thumper Talk and MX in general. I'm from the :smirk: UK :lol: and already have a Honda CB600 Hornet which is my road bike and recently became the owner of a 2000 Yamaha WR400.

Posted Image

Admittedly it's not up to the standards of some of the bikes I'm seeing on here, and probably not the best starter bike :bonk: - but the deal was good, and I wanted something to do a bit of trails riding on and have a bit of muddy fun. My youngest son (9) has a 110cc Stomp pit bike, so this means I can also chase him around the fields etc. we have access to.

Already ordered a lowering link as I'm on tip toes when on it, and for making it a bit easier to kick over :lol:

• YZ450Hombre

Posted January 27, 2012 - 07:10 PM

Welcome to TT, looks like a fun bike to me!

• antas11

Posted January 28, 2012 - 12:29 PM

I went for that as my first bike :smirk: only had it a month but LOVE it. Nice ot see another Brit too!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johndeerekid

Posted January 29, 2012 - 12:29 AM

hey man, welcome to the forum. its a pretty damn good looking bike if you ask me, alot less rough then my 400 was:p and im liking that yellow number plate, never seen that before it looks good. -Wes

• RichFZR-WR

Posted January 29, 2012 - 07:31 AM

Welcome, looks a very tidy example of a 400.
Makes my my 426 look like an old dog.....which it is at present.
Great bike, enjoy.

• WideEyedFox

Posted January 29, 2012 - 03:43 PM

Thanks for the replies guys - much appreciated.

The bike has been well maintained and used for a bit of trails and enduro. There are a couple of little jobs on the to-do list like re-fitting the speedo, re-connecting the rear light, and fitting the lowering kit then re-setting the suspension for my weight. Workshop manual in hand, and Haynes manual on the way !

Had some fun on it today - absolutely love it :-D Starting a 3-bike trailer build so I can tow it and my sons bike on the back of the Land Rover.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.