SDG seat vs IMS Seat

11 replies to this topic
  • WR_in_SoCal

Posted April 18, 2001 - 06:26 AM

I have had an SDG seat on order for over a month does anyone actually have one. They keep telling me 2 weeks. I am about ready to give up. Can you get an IMS seat with different covers (ie. Black gripper) is the quality there with the IMS seat. I am also about ready to order a OEM YZ tank. Do I need anything other than the tank. Will the OEM WR Brackets, petcock etc. work with the YZ tank. Does $200.00 sound like a good price for the tank. Again, thank for a great site.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 18, 2001 - 06:43 AM

I think my IMS seat is good quality. No complaints.

• Dave_VanBrocklin

Posted April 18, 2001 - 01:26 PM

I used all my WR hardware on my factory YZ tank, It's a no brainer. I have the factory YZ seat also, and did not like the cover at all. I put an Acerbis gripper cover on it.The SDG seat looks like a quality part, it might be worth the wait(especially for the price).

------------------
00 WZ400
01 Yamaha Raptor
99 Kawasaki ZRX1100
99 Yamaha Warrior

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 18, 2001 - 02:05 PM

WR in SoCal, I have the IMS YZ seat on my WR it's top notch but a little on the firm side, I've pretty much wore out the Factory Effex cover on it though, so I order the new SDG seat, I needed to put on a new cover (50 bucks) so I just decided to get the SDG seat with a gripper for $75. Im told mine is still on back order from my reliable guy at the Yamaha shop. Also, I just bought a YZ tank for my WR from 2-dads racing for $150.00 slightly used, he has more I think.

• Heywood

Posted April 18, 2001 - 04:05 PM

I don't have any experience with IMS, but the SDG seats look sweet. They are the only seat I will buy for my mountain bikes.

Maybe a little far south, but Mission Yamaha in Laguna Niguel has SDG seats in stock, not sure what bike they are for, but I saw them there. I also saw them at Cycle City in El Toro.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted April 19, 2001 - 06:00 AM

Heywood, I want to believe that the seats that you saw at Mission Yamaha are for the YZ250. The four strokers should be out anytime. See Ya, Dan

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_in_SoCal

Posted April 19, 2001 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for the info. As soon as someone recieves there sdg seat let the rest of us know about the fit & finish. I'll wait a little longer to see if the sdg comes through. Can't wait to run the WR with the YZ seat / tank combo.......

• GRC

Posted April 19, 2001 - 04:17 PM

I was told by my friendly neighborhood parts guy that my seat would be shipped on the 20th. I have it on order and called White Brothers and they confirmed the date I will keep you posted.

George

P.S. I sure hope they meant this month!

• MS

Posted April 19, 2001 - 06:46 PM

I have also ordered a seat from SDG, as of yesterday.. they have not replied to verify my order. I also ordered a Clarke 3.3 gal. YZ tank. Getting tired of my front end washing out in turns.. love the bike. hate the handling. will let you know....

MS

• GRC

Posted April 25, 2001 - 08:25 PM

After waiting on my seat I called White Brothers again and was told that it would be shipped on May the 7th. I'm getting tired of waiting since my new YZ tank with dry break is collecting dust in the garage. Sure hope they are right this time!!

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 25, 2001 - 11:44 PM

Be flattered guys. You bought the most popular seat in the history of man and motorcycles. You have BECOME PART OF MOTORCYCLE HISTORY! :)

Feel better...I didn't think so.

------------------
'99 WZ with all YZ mods, de-octopused, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean and Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 26, 2001 - 07:16 AM

Kevin,
Is that what you were told when you put in your deposit for a Cannondale :) I know you wanted the e-button....

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.