2010 yz 450 fender on 08

5 replies to this topic
  • 95kawi

Posted January 24, 2012 - 09:37 PM

I want to know if the 2010 yz450 front fender will work on my 08 and if it is a direct bolt on or if I have to drill new holes or something I searched but couldn't really find anything

• grayracer513

Posted January 24, 2012 - 10:28 PM

The OEM 2010 fender will not bolt directly to the bike, but if you redrill two of the three holes, it will.

This one fits:

http://www.thumperta...nder-for-06-09/

• 95kawi

Posted January 24, 2012 - 10:35 PM

Thanks for the reply isn't there 4 bolts do I drill the holes bigger or have to re drill the holes completly ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted January 25, 2012 - 07:52 AM

There are 4 bolts, but only two need to be redrilled. Bolt your fender upside down on top of the new one and use it as a template.

The Cycra fender in the post I linked to bolts up.

• 95kawi

Posted January 25, 2012 - 07:58 AM

Cool thanks for those answers I might just order the cycra one I just hate waiting for shipping lol

• sledtrash

Posted January 27, 2012 - 11:58 AM

I bought one from rockymnt and drilled all four holes out. I shifted the fender forward when I did this to avoid having my fender being scratched from the airflow veins on the rad's. For my new project though I'll def buy one with predrilled holes. I also converted the 2010 rear fender to work on my bike :smirk:.

http://www.thumperta...__fromsearch__1

Post number 10. At the time I didn't have a white rear fender to cut up to do the mod so I used my stock blue one to cover the difference between the two styles. My plan is to buy a white stock one and cut it up to get rid of the blue plastic's. I'm doing the same thing on my black plastics that I'm putting on it.

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.