Looking at a 09

3 replies to this topic
  • rhinoracin

Posted January 22, 2012 - 08:23 PM

Went to look at a 2009 450 special edition today, has about 5 hours and everything is stock. Bike is perfect, engine is still being broken in. The guy just had it sitting in his garage for a while and the carb was a little gummed up, but it fired right up and ran pretty good. Couldn't decide if I wanted it right away cuz he wants $4000 for it...is that too much? Couldnt talk him down on the price at all.

• Yamaryder29

Posted January 23, 2012 - 05:46 AM

Went to look at a 2009 450 special edition today, has about 5 hours and everything is stock. Bike is perfect, engine is still being broken in. The guy just had it sitting in his garage for a while and the carb was a little gummed up, but it fired right up and ran pretty good. Couldn't decide if I wanted it right away cuz he wants $4000 for it...is that too much? Couldnt talk him down on the price at all.

Smart move on your part. You should be able to find one with all the aftermarket goodies for around 3-3500.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted January 23, 2012 - 07:39 AM

Leave your number with the seller. Maybe in a month or so, when the bike has another 1/4" dust on the seat, he'll call with a significantly lower price.

Edited by YamaLink, January 23, 2012 - 07:40 AM.

• crf450319

Posted January 23, 2012 - 05:53 PM

I just bought my second '09 yz450f, after I sold my first one. I paid $3900 for my new one, the guy I bought it from had put less than 2 hours on it. The cross-hatch was still visible on the front rotor, not a single mark on the rims, bottom of the seat was prefect, foot-pegs had zero wear, chain slider looked new, could still see the nipples on the tires etc. etc.

I had been looking at a new '11 and it was going to cost me $3000 difference, I could have tried to get my "new" '09 for less but it's hard to deal on price when you've driven 6 hours to look at it. At that point the seller knows you're pretty much going home with it. I'm not big on grinding guys on price either, at $3900 it cost me $460 to go from my old one to the "new" one. So, it was a good deal for me and I don't feel like a dirt bag for grinding him on price...

He didn't lie to me about the condition of the bike when I was on the phone with him, I'll pay a little more if I feel I can trust the seller.

The guy who I sold my old '09 to was a complete D-bag, and acted like one to a T - I don't want to be that guy. YMMV

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.