Transmission superfinishing pics and crank polish and balance

6 replies to this topic
  • geshields

Posted January 22, 2012 - 07:49 PM

While my cases were split getting a new Carrillo long rod put in, I decided to get the transmission finished. Gears slide like butter on the shafts now. Can't wait to get it back together and ride it. My crank guy talked me into balancing it and machining it. Came out pretty good!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• thestuz

Posted January 23, 2012 - 01:32 AM

looks nice, make sure you give a ride report.

• rickallen124

Posted January 23, 2012 - 08:40 PM

ISF process? Does your crank guy happen to be crank works? I've heard that they do most of the factory stuff. Let us know how much of a difference the ISF makes as I am interested.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • geshields

Posted January 24, 2012 - 08:01 AM

ISF = isotropic super finishing http://www.remchem.com/ I used a company out of Oklahoma that was recommended. I was able to cut out the middleman and got a much lower price.

I almost went with crank works but they were booked solid because of the SX season starting. I went with Accurate Crankshaft in Florida. He came highly recommended from JM racing and he does some factory bikes also.

The rest of my parts are in transit now so I should have it all back together by Sunday and ride it next week.

• dirtdevil72

Posted May 25, 2013 - 10:15 AM

Well how was the bike after the trans install, how much better did it shift, was it worth the money, did you notice any major improvements.

• geshields

Posted May 27, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Forgot all about this post. Bike shifts better now. Neutral is much harder to find which is a good thing while riding. Was it worth it? At $160 with cases already split to redo crank rod, yes! If my cases weren't already needing to be split, then no.

• rickallen124

Posted May 29, 2013 - 11:28 AM

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the info

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.