engine rebuild for the 426

4 replies to this topic
  • bluesbiker

Posted January 22, 2012 - 01:59 PM

well all the parts arrived gears cam chain forks etc piston and bearings but the 5th gear fork is too big exactly the same shape as the old one but approx 5 mm bigger back to the shop monday :smirk:

• 2grimjim

Posted January 22, 2012 - 02:10 PM

well all the parts arrived gears cam chain forks etc piston and bearings but the 5th gear fork is too big exactly the same shape as the old one but approx 5 mm bigger back to the shop monday :smirk:

What year is your bike?

What is the part number for the shift fork that is too big?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bluesbiker

Posted January 22, 2012 - 02:24 PM

hi te worn part is 5 b e 7

and the new bit thats a little bigger is5 b e 4

its a 2001 model regards peter everything else was ok the gears ets same no teeth just the fork shifter

• wr-426

Posted January 24, 2012 - 12:30 AM

did you lose a gear pinion and a shift fork on this bike? i have just rebuilt my 426 after 3rd gear came apart and smashed everything.

• bluesbiker

Posted January 24, 2012 - 12:31 PM

no mate was jumping out of 5th bit like an engine misfire but 5 th gear for sure cant wait to get back on it i own a sports bike but this 426 is something else regards peter

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.