Rekluse CoreEXP 2.0 (The Truth)

Engine Clutch & Components Rekluse Core EXP Auto-Clutch Brand Rekluse

66 replies to this topic
  • dazza1968

Posted October 19, 2013 - 03:31 AM

I bought a core exp for my gas gas .........ec250 .

The reason for me getting one is I have alot of trouble with my elbows, one has arthritis and the other tennis elbow so riding has been difficult and I even wondered whether I should give it away?

The other component was i would get terrible hand cramps after extended use of the clutch and this has made riding dangerous for me .

I love riding and sure as hell going to let those minor interferences stop me from riding .

Will it work ..........mmmmmm well I am banking on it ! I can now have a whole hand on the clutch side of my bike and I think it'll make all the difference

I'm not here to race around and be number one but if this item achieves what I have been pursuing then bring it on .

P.s I will keep you up to date

Regards Dazza

• Hoody UK

Posted December 10, 2013 - 04:43 PM

Hi all

I have a WR450F 2008, and I am really struggling with my clutch. The adjusters are nearly maxed out, and it has a new cable. The last event after two laps I could not hold the clutch lever in due to fatigue. So I started to research about the Core EXP 2 and then after reading the above posts I understand I NEED the Core 2 EXP. The only thing I cannot ascertain is; when I order the Core EXP 2, should I order new clutch plates, and if so what would people recommend, stock or aftermarket?

thanks for all the info

Hoody

• grayracer513

Posted December 11, 2013 - 07:23 AM

The steel driven plates are included.  It's a good idea to buy a new set of friction plates to go with it, though. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hoody UK

Posted December 12, 2013 - 03:55 PM

Hi

I was able to make the decision to order the Rekluse EXP Core 2 and Rekluse clutch plates for my Yamaha WR450F 2008 today. I just hope I can report back with the same positive feedback everyone else has reported. The plates I have just removed from my bike have about 0.1mm left on the friction pads, is that low? I have not seen what new ones look like being a newbie

Thanks ............ Hoody

• grayracer513

Posted December 12, 2013 - 04:55 PM

Friction plate thickness is listed in the manual.  '08 YZ450F specs are 2.92–3.08 mm (0.115–0.121 in)

• Hoody UK

Posted December 14, 2013 - 05:14 AM

I have just looked in my manual, it states 2.92 to 3.08, mine are 3.02 which equates to not quite half worn. Does that mean I did not need to order new ones? I don't mine, at least it will be all new in there once installed, at the moment I am waiting for it to be delivered, plus I cannot get the nut off from behind the clutch. I do not have the correct tool or a rattle gun, I am trying to release it by putting it in gear and locking the rear wheel with a bar in the spokes. But when I apply pressure it seems too much for the spoke, I do not want to cause any damage. Constructive criticism welcome lol

............ Hoody

• Hoody UK

Posted December 14, 2013 - 07:24 AM

Nut off, I used a metal bar in the rear sprocket :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.