Replacement Cahin Question

5 replies to this topic
  • chopperman

Posted August 04, 2001 - 06:40 AM

What chain do you guys like to replace the stock peice? This bike will be used in an MX environment.

• yzf

Posted August 05, 2001 - 05:54 AM

any high quility o-ring

Posted August 05, 2001 - 06:19 AM

Unless you are really trying to keep the weight down, I would go with the O-ring.
It will out-last the typical chain 10 to 1.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nozzlejockey

Posted August 05, 2001 - 10:48 AM

I replaced the junk stocker with a d.i.d. gold x-ring and have been very happy. I ride about 3 times a week and still use the stock rear spocket. has the best prices I have found on chains, they beat the other guys by about 20$. good luck.

• sirthumpalot

Posted August 05, 2001 - 12:45 PM

Did you guys with the o-rings notice any power difference at all between the o-ring and non-o-ring chains?

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 05, 2001 - 01:52 PM

Go with the x-ring, all of the benefits of the o-rings with hardly any drag. I have a year on my DID with no problems!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.