Help Needed

2 replies to this topic
  • redrider650r

Posted October 04, 2003 - 11:31 AM

I'm not sure if I posted this a while back, but I am having some difficulties with a few bolts on the pig. 1st bolt, the wheel adjuster bolts in the swingarm have rusted themselves in the swingarm, I got the left side out and I snapped the right side off pretty damn flush with the swingarm. I tried drilling out through the bolt and tried the EAZY-OUT, it broke off inside the hole in the bolt that I just drilled out. I gave that a break and tried to remove my rear fender and put on the new dual sport fender that I got the other day, sounds easy!!! NOT!! Bolt 2, one of 5 that holds the fender in place does not want to come out. It is on the top right part of the sub-frame. The bolt and the little insert thingie are turning at the same time. Can anyone please help with ideas on getting these bolts out???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JR650

Posted October 04, 2003 - 02:57 PM

my top right subframe bolt was similarly screwed. hose a bunch of panther piss (wd40) on it, then stick a straightblade screwdriver under it and try to pry the bolthead up while turning, it helps to reseat that little insert thing and it was enought that i could get my bolt out. as for the swingarm, can you get the ezout thing out? if you can, try again with a different brand, i have had motomaster ones snap while the cheaper ones from an auto parts store actually worked. I think the cheaper ones are softer and will twist first, break later.

• redrider650r

Posted October 23, 2003 - 01:41 PM

Problem fixed. I drilled a hole under the old hole with the swingarm bolt, and I drilled through the subframe where the bolt was tweaked holding the rear fender on, now using a bolt and nut in that area.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.