Scotts Steering Stabilizer on 426

11 replies to this topic
  • chopperman

Posted August 04, 2001 - 06:38 AM

Has anyone out there had expierence running a Scotts steering stabilizer on a 426 in a MX environment? I have historically ran stabilizers on my Hare scramble and enduro bikes. Do you guys like them for MX? I haven't ordered the stabilizer set up yet for my new 426, what do you think?

• IBWFO

Posted August 04, 2001 - 07:21 AM

I run one on my bike. I originally had the bike set up for off-road, but since my kid won't ride anywhere but the track I have set the bike up for the track. I left the Scott's on and it does help when my fat ass hits some of the holes out there.

• firejake69

Posted August 04, 2001 - 10:21 AM

This is simple. Get it! You WILL go faster and your margin of safety will be greater. You'll be glad you did, just like the first time you used one.

double ought 4-2-6

• Bill

Posted August 04, 2001 - 01:32 PM

It help in ruts as well as, correcting front end deflection when you make a mistake. Mine gets a hell of a workout :)

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• dezcat

Posted August 04, 2001 - 03:04 PM

Hey chop I ride mostly offroad with a gpr damper. I can not say enough good about it. I live close to the hangtown track and moto maybe one sunday a month, in loamy soft rutted corners or hard cobbled out ruts it is unmathced. I also get a little less fatigue wich is an added plus.

------------------

• MGR8

Posted August 06, 2001 - 06:10 AM

I have a Scott's Steering Damper on my 01 426 and it is AWESOME! I don't have any problems with arm pump anymore. Head shake is a thing of the past. Best money I have spend in a long time!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slowrider

Posted August 06, 2001 - 12:37 PM

Do you have a website I can order one from thanks

• DaveJ

Posted August 06, 2001 - 01:47 PM

Ditto to all of the above.

I did however make the mistake of running too much damping after I installed it. This causes the bike to want to continue straight, verses turning.

Adjust wisely.

Dave

Here's the web site.
http://www.scottsperformance.com/

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted August 08, 2001 - 01:30 PM

I saw a package deal in the back of a MX mag for ........? I think.......
Pro tapers
Triple clamp
Scotts damper
for .......it think $499 or $599
basically a $100 savings or a FREE pair of Pro Tapers......which ever way you want to think of it!
I saw it about a wk after i got my scotts and was very dissappointed! :)
All I can say is this..........
DO NOT ride a bike with one if you dont have the 4bones to buy one. You will want it after you try one!
SECOND
After the first time you hit at rut or unexpected branch/ pothole and DO NOT go down and bend those bars , scratch your lid and don't have to deal with the seperated shoulder you will swear that it just paid for itself! :D
JUST DO IT!!!!

------------------
Nope BOY, That's not THUNDER ridin your butt, It is a whole damn HURRICANE!!!!G4

• Merfman

Posted August 09, 2001 - 06:09 AM

You can get the package deal directy from Scotts. A friend
just put one on his 01 426.

• WR_Jason

Posted August 09, 2001 - 07:11 AM

Is the GPR the clone one? anyone got a link for that one?

• BikeDestroyer

Posted August 11, 2001 - 10:49 AM

GPR link is www.gpr-products.com
I have one on my bike and it is great.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.