2012 KTM 300 xc-w mods?

5 replies to this topic
  • frankycottonrow

Posted January 19, 2012 - 04:54 PM

Just picked up my new bike. love it for the hr I rode it down turnrows.

What difference should I expect from the red spring? Does out on the gold screw make the engine more harsh or softer? Will it harm the motor over the long haul and do I need it for woods riding?
Any other must do's for the new bike, i got pro bends and skid plate put on.

thanks for any information!!

Edited by frankycottonrow, January 19, 2012 - 06:50 PM.

• dave-g

Posted January 20, 2012 - 03:16 AM

Picked up my 2 weeks ago.

1. Put on carbonfiber pipe guard.
2. Hand guards.
3. Ktm plastic skid plate.
4. Slavens linkage skid. (xc only)
http://slavensracing...xsxf-by-slavens
5. FMF turbo core Q spark arestor ( not on yet)
6. KTm rear rotor fin.

Will add grip heaters soon and thinking of a auto clutch. Had a auto clutch on my 450, enjoyed it but now I'm enjoying the clutch again. But the auto clutch was sooooo nice at the end of a 2 hour race.

• DrThumper

Posted January 20, 2012 - 11:57 AM

Mine is a 300xc ('12 also)
Just got finished putting on:

Front and rear disc guards, bash plate, rad guards; all Flatland (Flatland gave me a cool discount for buying all those at once too).
Rear brake reservoir extension; Topar
GPR V2 stabilizer
KTM fan kit
Gas-gas coolant overflow bottle
Powernow/PowernowPlus
Gnarly & Turbine Core 2
Fork bleeders
Seal Savers
Pipe Guard; Ricochet
Billet idle screw

• Willwater

Posted January 20, 2012 - 07:51 PM

Just picked up my new bike. love it for the hr I rode it down turnrows.

What difference should I expect from the red spring? Does out on the gold screw make the engine more harsh or softer? Will it harm the motor over the long haul and do I need it for woods riding?
Any other must do's for the new bike, i got pro bends and skid plate put on.

thanks for any information!!

Fix the starter issues now before you smoke the brushes in the starter motor and order a motion pro longer throttle cable with the captured ends. Sorry I don't have the part number off hand. Take every electrical connector apart and put dielectric grease in the contacts. I would silicone the back side of all the connectors also. Pull the swingarm off and add grease as well as the steering head bearings. I wouldn't bother with a pipe guard. With the stock tinfoil pipe you will kink the head pipe sooner rather than later with a guard on. It won't harm the motor to run it with the screw out and the red spring. It just changes the timing of the powervalve. I am sure there are more issues that I am not thinking of right now.

Edited by Willwater, January 20, 2012 - 07:55 PM.

• trailmeisterjoe

Posted January 21, 2012 - 09:25 AM

experiment with the red spring and dolly screw position as the spring changes and screw adjustment make very noticeable differences. you will be amazed at how different the power delivery is between the green spring and dolly in all the way to the red spring and dolly out.

Joe

• guns_equal_freedom

Posted January 22, 2012 - 12:51 AM

SXS head.
P/N SXS10300051
Are you a member of KTMTalk?

Either that or have someone modify your stock head.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

RegisterSign InClose
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.