Uncorking a 2012 WR450F?

42 replies to this topic
  • fdeluca

Posted February 10, 2013 - 10:33 PM

Just to make it clear to anyone replacing the throttle stop screw on a 2012 WR450F. You do not need to remove any parts or components from the bike. You will need a 1/4 drive rachet, a 8 inch, 10 inch extention, something like that, a universal bit that will hold the proper size tamper prof torx bit. Work from the L/H side of bike ( shifter side ) take your time, be patient, find the right angle and work the stop screw out. I can remove and replace the screw in less then ten minutes

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fdeluca

Posted February 11, 2013 - 03:40 PM

I have a 2012 WR450F. Install COMP. ECU, shorter throttle stop screw comes with the ECU, remove inner tailpipe, remove intake box baffles. Thats all you need to do. At this point the bike will have more snap and power then most riders can tap into. Choked up the bike would do about 67 MPH with me on it 230 lbs with gear and tools. With these MODS I was pulling in the upper 90's

• YZ250SubGuy

Posted February 14, 2013 - 10:18 AM

I have a 2012 WR450F. Install COMP. ECU, shorter throttle stop screw comes with the ECU, remove inner tailpipe, remove intake box baffles. Thats all you need to do. At this point the bike will have more snap and power then most riders can tap into. Choked up the bike would do about 67 MPH with me on it 230 lbs with gear and tools. With these MODS I was pulling in the upper 90's

I just finished these mods to my new '12. I now spend my spare time caressing her blue lines while I wait for the snow to melt!

Edited by YZ250SubGuy, February 14, 2013 - 10:19 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.