can yz125 side panel fit on wr426?

3 replies to this topic
  • weison

Posted October 03, 2003 - 05:16 PM

Hi guys,

Would like to know if yz125 side panel fits on a wr426? Any modification i need to make it fit?

• Ricko76

Posted October 03, 2003 - 05:59 PM

Hi Weison,

I don't know the answer to your question for sure, but I recall reading somewhere that YZ side panels will only fit on WRs if the overflow tank is relocated or removed and a narrower exhaust is fitted. Don't take this as gospel though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahasocal450

Posted October 03, 2003 - 08:30 PM

no they cant because the airboxes are completely different, so the number plates fit differenty :) :D

• aremean_troy

Posted October 07, 2003 - 08:55 PM

ok, hope i can help you on this

you need the 2 stroke air box (97-01) 125 or 250 airbox AND the side panels.......thats all that is needed!!!

it will bolt right on

q: why do this mod?
a: 1)well, an article from YRRD dept said that it provides better breathing for the yzf as there are side scoops on the 2 stroke side panels.
2)the weight savings are also equal to that of changing our stock airbox to the DSP carbon fibre airbox!

anyway, heres the pic of my bike (how it used to look like)

Posted Image

hope this helps

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.