2004 WR450 worthiness?

4 replies to this topic
  • q2quest

Posted January 17, 2012 - 10:57 PM

Hello all-

I'm thinking about picking up a 2004 WR450 in great condition. I previously owned a 2002 KTM 400 EXC. I'm wondering about the 2004 model year as compared to others. How is the stock suspension for this year? I'm intersted in something plush like a DRZ 400 for example. I'm also very interested in converting the bike cosmetically to the look of the 50th anniversary YZ in yellow. Is it possible to modify thinks to accomplish this look? Any and all comments welcome. Thanks!

• 513rider

Posted January 18, 2012 - 10:53 PM

The stock suspension is soft (compared to an mx bike). It is a bit too soft for me as I opted to buy a full YZf rear shock setup off eBay for $50. As far as the anniversary edition goes I'm not sure. I know that the '06 YZf's got yellow plastic with black tanks and the Wr didn't go to the newer aluminum frame until '07. I doubt you could modify a tank off an aluminum bike to fit a steel framed one. So your options would be to either get a company make you a custom set of decals (still left with a blue tank) or you could buy a Clarke OEM replacement in either black or yellow. I don't think n-style or one make the yellow graphics anymore but I could be wrong so you still have to have a site make you a set of decals.

Edited by 513rider, January 18, 2012 - 10:55 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • q2quest

Posted January 19, 2012 - 02:32 AM

Thanks. That really is my big question....Will an aluminum framed 2006 YZ tank/seat fit onto a steel framed 2004 WR 450? I'll post this question in a new topic.

• 513rider

Posted January 20, 2012 - 01:12 AM

I would almost guarantee not

• YamaLink

Posted January 20, 2012 - 09:17 AM

Nope.

Thanks. That really is my big question....Will an aluminum framed 2006 YZ tank/seat fit onto a steel framed 2004 WR 450? I'll post this question in a new topic.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.