Best grip glue...Fletch Tite

5 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted April 18, 2001 - 05:18 AM

I have been using Fletch Tite as grip glue. It can be found in wall-mart or any archery shop. It can rain all day and they never come loose. You can carry it with you as well. If for some strange reason it does come loose, which it has not happened to me yet, You can re-glue in the trail becuase it sets up in minutes. It is $3 for a tube and will last a while. Spread it like mustard ouy of the bottle all over where the grip is going to go and slide the grip on. Its waterproof and works the nuts. I am yet to use safety wire for my grips. It comes of easy as well. It starts to crumble when you peel the grips off.

[This message has been edited by mike68 (edited 04-18-2001).]

• Pete_Z

Posted April 18, 2001 - 06:02 AM

I have had good luck with Threebond Griplock glue.No need to safety wire grips with this stuff either.Just my 2 cents.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted April 18, 2001 - 09:27 PM

I tried to put my grips on with some Yamaha glue and the grip slide 1/2 the way on and that was it. It couldn't move it forward or backward. I ended up having to cut the grip off and start over!!! Did I just buy the wrong glue?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Gil

Posted April 18, 2001 - 06:15 PM

Bryan, you have to put some of the glue inside the grip too. If you only put it on the handlebar, the grip squeegee's it off as it slides on, leaving such a thin layer that it vulcanizes too fast.

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted April 18, 2001 - 06:21 PM

I've always had good luck with Aqua-Net hairspray and safety wire.

Oops, I thought this was the Tammy Faye cosmetics forum. Sorry...

• JOSHUAZ2

Posted April 19, 2001 - 04:10 PM

i've always used spraypaint and no safety wire. have tried hair spray on mt bikes but always had problems with water.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.