I know this is asking alot......

1 reply to this topic
  • ill_caper

Posted October 03, 2003 - 11:49 AM

but I am really nervous about doing this valve check/adjustment ( I know....pull up my panties blah blah blah :D). For people who are pretty good at it :D. Is there any way you could write down how do it including things I should look out for things I should do that arent mentioned in the manual and any other tips that wuold help. I want to be able to do this myself but am scared of ruining the engine on the W . Then I would cry :D Anyway any input would be great. This place is such an incredible resource :D .THanks guys. HOpe everyone has a good weekend riding since I cant. But I will be riding Tuesday. :D :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BrandonW

Posted October 03, 2003 - 12:42 PM

Only thing you really need to worry about are the half cir-clips that will fall out when you remove the cams.

First time it takes about 1.5 to 2 hours to do the job. Second time takes less than an hour and and half, third time it takes less than an hour.

Good luck!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.