wr 426 yz 426 ?

1 reply to this topic
  • bluesbiker

Posted January 16, 2012 - 12:07 PM

hi new member here
can any one help please iv a wr 426 and needing parts etc 5th gear is one of the bits i need
can any one tell me if the yz 426 is the same a friend said was just the ignition side diffrent both having 5 gears 5 valve head etc etc any comments would be great gaskets etc etc 2001 model regards peter

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 513rider

Posted January 17, 2012 - 11:32 AM

I have both bikes (2001's). The WR stands for Wide Ratio gears. The YZf's gears are shorter and are designed for a motocross track as opposed to the open woods. The cases are the same but the WR has different timing, cam, and some other things that make it a bit more take than the YZf

Edited by 513rider, January 17, 2012 - 11:35 AM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.