WR400F exhaust upgrade wanted in the UK

3 replies to this topic
  • Bazzaboy7

Posted January 16, 2012 - 05:12 AM

Hi there - looking to upgrade my stock exhaust.

On a budget (thanks Santa :lol: ) so looking for anything which will improve the sound and performance of my beloved WR.

I know it's a long shot :smirk: but someone may have a spare sitting around ...... PLEASE .... ??

Thanks for looking and look forward to hearing from anyone ..... :bonk:

• MaxPower

Posted January 16, 2012 - 08:58 PM

if you are on a budget or even if you arent, The stock YZ pipe with help your bike to run like it was made to. A free performance modification is to move the exhaust cam on tooth on your bike to match the valve timing of the YZ
I will look to see if I have a 426 exhaust, Im pretty sure I only have one from the YZ450

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ebola

Posted January 19, 2012 - 12:58 PM

These two links are some options you have if they ship over seas. I have the promoto billet one in my 98.

http://www.promotobi...af1a3c4fa85b975

http://www.yamaha-mo...5/0/detail.aspx

• Bazzaboy7

Posted January 26, 2012 - 06:52 AM

if you are on a budget or even if you arent, The stock YZ pipe with help your bike to run like it was made to. A free performance modification is to move the exhaust cam on tooth on your bike to match the valve timing of the YZ
I will look to see if I have a 426 exhaust, Im pretty sure I only have one from the YZ450

Thanks for the reply - I managed to find a used Bills Pipes Thunder Series tailpipe in the UK for £100. I know it sounds like a lot of cash but they are quite hard to come by in the UK (my experience anyway !!). Picked it up today and fitted it this afternoon - awesome sound !!
I plan to do the exhaust cam mod next - just want to get used to the power delivery 'before' .... so that I can tell how much different it is 'after' :smirk:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.