Wanted-stock yz426 silencer

10 replies to this topic
  • funktree

Posted August 02, 2001 - 03:08 PM

I just bought a 2001 wr426. Its the candian model so I cant remove the baffle. I was wondering if any of you yz owners had a stock yz silencer laying around that you would want to sell. Thanks.

• bjscheel

Posted August 02, 2001 - 03:53 PM

I have a fmf mega max 2 for sale. It has removable discs for power changes.

• funktree

Posted August 02, 2001 - 05:12 PM

Why are you selling it? How much? Were you happy with its performance? I was looking for stock to save money but Im open to other options.

• bjscheel

Posted August 02, 2001 - 05:29 PM

There is nothing wrong with it. I just rather have the stock unit sense my kids ride my bike more than me. I can't see them trashing it when i have a stock one. I was trying to get 200.00 for it, it is only only a couple of months old and its a 425.00 muffler. Make me an offer its not doing any one any good setting in my garage and i don't want it.

• freshy

Posted August 02, 2001 - 07:39 PM

I have a stock YZ pipe off a 2000 YZ426 In very good shape for $85+$15 US for shipping
$110+$15 with the header. (Nice having a spare)
Or an FMF Powercore IV in excellent shape, maybe a half dozen rides for $200 shipped.
This pipe makes some serious HP.
Paypal works for me.
There's a couple of options for you!
fershy

fershy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoStyle

Posted August 02, 2001 - 07:55 PM

Hey, check with Elan......He has one posted several posts down from you. Scroll down and you will see it. I don't know if he sold it yet, but it's a silencer for an 01 426. :)

• funktree

Posted August 02, 2001 - 08:21 PM

hey freshy what can you tell me about the power characteristics of the fmf vs the stock 2000. thanks

• freshy

Posted August 02, 2001 - 10:35 PM

Well the seat of the pants "buttometer dyno" tells me the FMF makes more top then the stocker.The FMF has a Spark Arrester screen which I forgot to mention. If you are riding trails it seems to be a responsible necessity.
Both will run well with stock jetting but can stand to be fine tuned. Both pipes will awaken beast that is being stiffled by the CAD WR pipe.Night and Day! Flash factor,you have to give the nod to the FMF. Dollar to HP gain, the YZ OEM. Do you need a Spark Arrestor? FMF.
fershy

• eBayThumper

Posted August 03, 2001 - 01:45 PM

I have a stock 01426 pipe with only the initial start on it(1 or 2 minutes max). It was never ridden with that pipe on. I'd let it go for $200+shipping.

Lemme know,
J

• funktree

Posted August 04, 2001 - 11:58 AM

hey freshy I think I want to buy that fmf, whats your email? If elan doesnt get back to me soon about his 01 stocker Im definately in.

• funktree

Posted August 06, 2001 - 03:22 PM

Does anyone know how to get ahold of freshy?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.