`00' WR400

1 reply to this topic
  • ktm wrench

Posted January 15, 2012 - 09:25 PM

Wr 400
I'm working on a `00' WR400f and found a small hole in the ACV diaphram (The rubber part). Would this make the engine revs `hang up' like its sucking air and leaning out???
It starts in a coupla kicks and idles fine but if i apply any throttle it revs up and feels like its sucking air and wont go back to idle.
If i pull the choke on while its idling the revs increase as well.
Is there a o'ring/diapham kit available for the ACV and the AP???
The other thing i found was the rubber manifold between the carby and engine doesn't appear to be the right one. The manifold has locating tabs on each end but the carby end doesn't line up if i have the engine tab in the right place?? Anybody have one they can look at for me.

Edited by ktm wrench, January 15, 2012 - 09:26 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zrxer

Posted January 19, 2012 - 05:40 AM

Yes, having a hole in the diaphragm will screw up the idle making it run lean. With a hole or tear, you now have a vacuum leak.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.