oil breather hose

2 replies to this topic
  • goodycg

Posted January 09, 2012 - 12:42 AM

I was riding my wr450 07 and all of a sudden the breather hose came of the oil tank and oil started pisssing out everywhere from the hole, it wasnt the hose but the metal value nob thing on the oil tank itself which u connect the hose to with a hose clamp. but i dont no how to fit it back in because it looks like it was pressed fitting in, any help would be great dont no what to do thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sledtrash

Posted January 09, 2012 - 08:09 AM

Oil tank??? are you referring to the crankcase right by the starter??

• 2grimjim

Posted January 09, 2012 - 10:02 AM

The piece you are referring to is just pressed in from the factory. Sometimes they do come out of the tank/case. Here's how you fix it;

Drain the oil from the tank.

Hemove the elbow from the hose and clean the end that presses in the tank with some Scotchbrite or steel wool. Clean the entire elbow inside and out with brake parts cleaner and a clean rag.

Using some Q-Tips or cotton swabs, clean the inside of the hole in the tank with brake parts clearner. Make sure there is no oil residue inside the hole.

Use some JB weld and apply a small ammount to the elbow and inside the hole and press the elbow in. Tap it lightly with a small hammer to seat it (make sure it's pointed in the right direction).

Let it sit for 24 hours and reassemble.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.