spoke nipple size

3 replies to this topic
  • Pete_Z

Posted April 18, 2001 - 04:57 AM

Can anyone tell me what size spoke nipple wrench I need to order for my 2000 WR 400? Are they the same size front to rear? What type of spoke wrenches does everyone else use? I am replacing my cheezy Taiwanese ones and I want to get something good.

• jj

Posted April 18, 2001 - 05:30 AM

Pete, size 6 front and back!

I wouldn't spend much money a wrench if I were you. A spoke wrench is a spoke wrench. Unless you decide you need a spoke torque wrench... :) Don't waste your money. :D

Good Luck!

JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever, Moose skid plate, Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pete_Z

Posted April 18, 2001 - 06:13 AM

JJ-thnx. for the info.I just want to get a spoke wrench that is good quality and won't bend.My current junky ones seem like they are are made of butter - the ends have opened up and are now off-size.

• jj

Posted April 20, 2001 - 05:33 AM

I took a quick look through the Tucker Rocky catalog and found a Rowe 6 in 1 wrench for $6.50, Parts Unlimited Rowe 6 in 1, $4.35. I also found a Pro Circut wrench with replaceable ends for around $25. Personaly I would try to track down a stock yamaha wrench that comes with the bike. I had great success with it and more than likely your local shop has some lying around...

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.