WR 450 street conversion?

5 replies to this topic
  • jeff thiessen

Posted January 08, 2012 - 02:54 PM

I was told if the bike does not come blue plated you cannot put it on the road. Is this true?

• MaxPower

Posted January 09, 2012 - 08:40 AM

I never heard of a WR being used on the road before

• mikewrf18

Posted January 09, 2012 - 09:25 AM

Myself, and many others on this site have plated WR's.
OP, can't help with your question though, since I'm unfamilier with Canadian Laws.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pschiess

Posted January 17, 2012 - 08:50 PM

They are plateable. Here is proof. I did mine in CA in 2011.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by pschiess, January 19, 2012 - 09:50 AM.

• MaxPower

Posted January 19, 2012 - 10:42 AM

They are plateable. Here is proof. I did mine in CA in 2011.

Posted ImagePosted Image

I couldnt find the sarcasm button on the new forum layout
Im made a smart ass comment thinking someone may pick up on it as ever since the WR came out there are one to three threads posted about it weekly.I think only why does my head pipe glow orange is asked more

That said you own a rare bike having a CA plated aluminum frame WR
My 450 is older. I think the WR is much more suited to your kind of riding than East Coast NJ tight trails. So I got SM wheels to use it on the road
Is that a stock pipe on your bike? Getting rid of the stock 04 pipe was the best thing I ever did for mine.Is the 07+ pipe as restrictive mine was?

Edited by MaxPower, January 19, 2012 - 10:44 AM.

• pschiess

Posted January 19, 2012 - 04:10 PM

Yes the pipe is stock. Works for my uses. I did all of the normal mods and had the bike rejetted. Runs great. I never use it on the street other than just connecting trails so do not worry about it too much. Has enough power for me and I like it to be quiet. Did remove the small baffle and replaced with a insert but had a sound test done and it was about 86 db.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.