I blew it!!! (Timesert)

3 replies to this topic
  • motodiver13

Posted January 08, 2012 - 10:36 AM

So I think I blew it on the timesert install. As i was screwing in the insert i was waiting for a click or something to indicate it was seated properly, when the shoulder pulled about 1.5mm past its recess I knew it was &^%$# :bonk::smirk:. Any suggestions on a solution. Right now I'm on running with it if there is no leaking, probably some RTV in the gap. The copper washer still seats on a thin bit of material.

I also had quite a few shavings even with using grease on drill and tap. I had the top end off and flushed the motor with diesel, is this enough?

Thanks

• RasmusDK

Posted January 08, 2012 - 12:32 PM

what thread is it that you tried to repair?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • motodiver13

Posted January 09, 2012 - 09:08 AM

RAsmusDK,

it was the right side oil drain bolt.

• RasmusDK

Posted January 09, 2012 - 10:39 AM

OK, fixed that on mine too. Iam not sure you blew that timesert check out this video

The shavings i got out by draining the oil and flush it with diesel. I just sprayed diesel in where the thread is, about 1000 ml or so, and slowly leaned the bike from side to side, drained the diesel, 10 min start up on cheap oil, and finished with at full oil change.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.