jetting question

2 replies to this topic
  • Norman

Posted August 01, 2001 - 04:51 PM

I searched the archives and it looks like the people riding at sealevel are using a 48 pilot and a 165 main. I didnt see anything about clip position so I assuming I need to leave it in the stock position. Is this true? If not does anyone have any suggestions? The bike is a 00' 426 and Im running the stock pipe & silencer.

Norman K.
Beaumont,TX

[This message has been edited by Norman (edited 08-01-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jaybird67k

Posted August 01, 2001 - 05:49 PM

Norman,
This is Jason from the riding club.
The hotter it is down here the leaner you will have to run it, and vise versa for cold weather.
I am running 1 position lean from stock on the clip, a 158 main and a 42 pilot. If I try to go richer at these hot and humid temps the bike runs very sluggish.
I just did the BK mod to my bike the other day and had to go up on the main to compensate for the fuel loss at the acc pump.
I am running a 160 main now.
I have plenty of jets if you want to get together and do some testing one day.
Later,

Jason

• Norman

Posted August 01, 2001 - 06:36 PM

My bike really doesnt run bad, I dropped one position on the clip and about 2 1/4 turns out on the fuel screw it just has that annoying backfire or popping when I let off the throttle. I might take you up on the offer, I ordered the jets I mentioned today from Thumper so I will have them Friday, just thought I would try it. We need to go ride sometime. We have a meeting tomorrow night at Ninfas at 7:00 if you can make it.

Later,
Norman

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.